Chapter 14

Harry walked in the front door, pushing his way through the crowd as he made his way up to his room. He groaned at the loud music and the drunk people everywhere. This was not how he wanted to live. He just wanted a kind, happy family and someone who actually loved him and helped him out.

He locked his door and collapsed on the bathroom floor. He had cut a lot that morning once he had woken up from the floor, but not enough.

He took his blade, bringing it to his wrist. "Fuck." He whimpered, "fucking hell."

He dropped the blade to the floor, sitting there for a few minutes before he stood up, rinsing his arm off. He bandaged it up before beginning to tidy his bathroom. If his uncle did say yes to Louis coming over, he'd have to tidy the house so he may as well get a headstart.

Once his bathroom was somewhat tidied, he looked around his room. He put his notebook in his desk, putting his few clothes away in his wardrobe.

He looked to his bed, letting a small smile appear on his face at the stuffed bunny on his bed. His mum had bought the bunny for him when he was small. Of course he had come up with the most creative name a toddler could, Bubba. He moved to sit on his bed, holding the bunny up to his face and inhaling. His eyes fluttered closed and he lay back on his bed, curling up as he held the bunny tight to his chest.

He moved his pillow over his head, blocking out the noise from below as he soon somehow managed to drift off to sleep.

//

Harry made his way from work to school slowly the next morning, dreading the minute he walked into school. But as soon as he arrived he realised he couldn't go to lessons as normal. If he did he was bound to break down in at least one lesson.

He made his way nervously to the councillor's office, pausing as a teacher called after him.

"Mr Styles, you're with me now."

"U-um, I-I'm going to the c-councillor's office." He said anxiously.

"Ah, is everything okay?"

"I just can't handle normal lessons today." He murmured.

"Alright. Well if you just wait there I'll gather the worksheets for you."

"Okay." Harry stood there awkwardly, looking around at the dull hallway.

The teacher soon returned, handing Harry the worksheets before Harry continued to walk to the office.

He knocked on the door, entering quietly. "Hi."

"Hi Harry." Barbara smiled warmly. Harry had spent a lot of time here when his mum had died, not being able to cope with that and the bullying. Barbara had always been here for him. "How come you're here?"

"Can't manage lessons today."

"Come with me then, we'll go and sit in one of the private rooms." She led him away from the other staff, through the beige corridor before stopping at one of the doors. "You can sit in here. Do you want me to email your teachers for your work?"

"Yes please."

"Alright, I'll be back in a couple of minutes."

Harry nodded, beginning to do the worksheet in his hand.

//

"Is Harry in today?" Louis asked Zayn.

"Why do you care?"

"Project. He was going to ask his uncle if I could go over to his to do it today but I don't even know if he's in."

"Saw him talking to sir at the start of the lesson. He's in the councillor's office. Big bruise he has on his face, wonder what happened."