Chapter 21

Louis knocked on the door to the councillor's office, putting a smile on his face.

"Hello, can I help you?" A kind looking woman opened the door.

"Is Harry here?"

"Yes he is, follow me." She beckoned, walking through the hallway and stopping at a door, knocking before opening it. "Harry, someone's here to see you."

Harry looked away from Niall, fear filling his eyes at the sight of Louis. "Can I come in?"

"Are you going to be a dick?" Niall raised his eyebrows.

"No." Louis huffed, "anyway, I'm here to talk to Harry not you."

"Charming." Niall muttered. "I'll wait outside then."

"My mum wants you to come over for dinner."

"Oh, um...that's very kind but um, I don't know...sorry..." He stuttered out, shrinking into himself.

"Why not?"

"Um, I just, I don't know if I'll be able to..."

"Come on. It'll be fine. Mum insists."

"Um, okay...does she know?"

Louis grimaced, nodding his head.

"Oh, shit. This wasn't supposed to happen."

"What wasn't?"

"Me to still be alive and for people to know. Well, I expected people to find out but I didn't want to be here for it." He rambled.

"Oh. Why'd you do it?"

"Don't wanna talk about it. It's fuckin' embarrassing."

"Well, I'll see you at mine tonight then. Come over at 5."

"O-okay. Um, I kinda don't have any shoes other than slippers to wear though...they took away my shoe laces and hoodie strings and stuff."

"Why the fuck would they do that?"

"So I don't try and strangle myself or something. I wouldn't have even thought about doing it like that. I just wanted to tell you so you didn't think it was weird or anything."

"Nah, don't worry. Just wear whatever. I'll see you later." Louis stood up, waving to him as he left the room.

"What did he want?" Niall re-entered, falling back into his chair.

"His mum invited me over."

"Weird." He raised his eyebrows.

"No, she's really nice." Harry sighed, "'m just scared. I don't like the fact that people know how I'm feeling...it's scary."

Niall gave Harry a sympathetic look. "People do care about you you know."

"You're literally the only person I've talked to in this school." Harry mumbled, "and I barely talk to you. How can you say people care about me? They all think I'm some sort of freak." Harry said.

"Yeah but what proof do they have behind that? 'Oh he painted his nails in year 7 and 8 and part of 9 and he's gay', so what?"

"You remember that I used to paint my nails?" Harry flushed.

"Duh. I thought it was sick. Why did you stop?"

"Everyone bullied me for it and my uncle didn't approve." He murmured, "when my mum died I stopped painting them because she was the only one who encouraged me and supported me with being myself."

"Well I think it was cool."

"Thanks." Harry blushed again.

//