Chapter 28

"Is anything bleeding?" Louis asked as Harry sat down on his bed.

"Don't think so, just bruised." Harry replied. "Are you sure it's okay me staying here?"

"100%. How 'bout we go get your room ready, yeah?"

"Okay."

"C'mon then." Louis walked into the spare bedroom, Harry following him.

"Wait, is this really where I'll be staying?" Harry looked around in shock. It was just a normal bedroom to most people, but to Harry it was amazing.

"Yep." Louis chuckled. Do you wanna start putting your stuff out?"

Harry nodded, "I'm so grateful. Thank you so much."

"I'm looking forward to this. Right, you want me to put your clothes away?"

"Um, if you don't mind. I'm gonna do the other stuff."

"Alright." Louis began to put it away, humming into the silence. A few minutes later he was already done, "Jesus Christ, we need to get you more clothes."

"Absolutely not, you've already done enough."

"All you have is two t-shirts, a pair of joggers and a hoodie." Louis raised his eyebrows.

"I know, it's pathetic. It's all I can afford though."

"I'm definitely getting you more clothes. And it's not pathetic, you literally worked so hard all the time. Anyway, I'm gonna help you with the rest of your stuff."

"Alright boys?" Jay walked into the room, "I've bought cookies I made earlier." She placed the plate on the desk. "How are you Harry?"

Harry shrugged, "'m alright. It's something I'm used to."

"You shouldn't be used to it. And what about the getting kicked out?"

"Um, I'm happy about it, well the way it's worked out. It was horrible living with him."

"What was it like?" Louis asked curiously.

"He hurt me if I did something wrong or didn't do something, and there was never any food in the house and I could hardly use water, I was only allowed cold showers and I had to drink the beer he wasted money on." Harry blushed, realising he had said probably too much, "sorry."

"That's awful, and don't be sorry. I asked." Louis shuffled to place a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Um, is it alright if I maybe just go to sleep in a bit?" Harry asked awkwardly.

"Of course. If you want to go into Louis's room I'll sort out your bedding and stuff."

"Thank you."

//

"Um, Louis?" Harry peered around the door, Louis beckoned for him to come in.

"Nobody's gonna come into my room whilst I'm asleep are they? It's just I usually sleep in my boxers." Harry's cheeks flushed, "sorry, this is embarrassing."

"It's fine." Louis chuckled, "nah, nobody's gonna come in, you'll be alright."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Night Harry."

"Goodnight." He murmured sleepily, stifling a yawn as he ambled back to his room.

The bed was soft, and Harry instantly drifted off, his dreams full of happiness for once.

He awoke the next morning to sunlight creeping in through the gap in his curtains, casting a shadow on his face. He sat up, rubbing his eyes as he walked over to the wardrobe, grabbing his joggers and a hoodie, despite the warmth, and making his way into the shower.

As much as he wanted to wear a t-shirt, the only ones he owned were short sleeved, and he didn't exactly want everyone seeing his wrists.

He walked downstairs anxiously, keeping his arms tight around his waist as he entered the kitchen where Louis was sat at the breakfast bar.

"Morning, pancakes?" Louis asked through a mouthful of food.

"What?" Harry frowned.

Louis held his hand out, chewing quickly until he swallowed his mouthful with a gulp. "Morning, do you want pancakes?" He repeated.

"Oh, um, yes please."

"Aren't you boiling? Like it's really hot today." Louis said, gesturing to his sleeves.

"Oh, um, I-I," Harry stammered, "you know..."

"Huh?" Louis frowned.

"Cuts." He murmured, busying himself with getting a drink as he hid his blushed face.

"Oh." Louis's eyes widened in realisation. "You don't have to hide them, y'know?"

"I do, 'm not comfortable with people knowing how I feel, especially knowing when I've hurt myself."

"You still do it?"

"Yeah. 'm not just gonna stop."

"Good morning." Jay beamed as she walked through the front door, placing her shopping bags on the side, hugging Louis as she waved at Harry.

"Morning mum. Daisy and Phoebe are in the living room." Louis smiled as he leaned into the hug.

"Alright, I'll go and see them. How are you Harry?"

"Good thank you."

"Good, good I'm glad. I didn't ask yesterday, but do you have any things you can't eat or don't like?"

"I'll eat anything." Harry told her, "'m not fussy."

"Alright. Well I'll see you two later."

//

"Harryyy." Louis knocked on the door, skipping in when Harry said he could come in. "I've got a surprise for you."

Harry looked up with confusion obvious in his face.

Louis gave him a toothy grin as he pulled out a box from behind his back. "Open it."

Harry took it warily, turning it around in his hands. "You're shit at wrapping."

"Hey." Louis frowned, "that's not very nice."

"Sorry." Harry giggled, he tugged at the paper, gasping as he saw the box beneath. "No way."

"Yes way."

"A phone!? You got me an actual phone? No fookin' way." He looked up to Louis with tears threatening to spill.

"Yes fookin' way." Louis laughed.

"Oh my god, thank you so much." Harry sniffed as he wiped a stray year away. He stood up, hugging Louis quickly. "Sorry, 'm sorry. I don't know why I did that."

"Don't worry about it. I honestly don't care." Louis returned the hug, rubbing up and down Harry's back.

"I don't deserve this."

"Of course you do. You do more than anyone."

"No I don't. But thank you so much."

"You're welcome, let's get it set up."