Chapter 20

Harry didn't turn up next week. Nor the week after. Nor the week after that. It was safe to say that everyone, except for the teachers, were confused.

"Miss, where on earth is Harry?" Louis asked, "he hasn't been in for weeks."

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that Louis. It's confidential information."

"Has he moved schools or something?"

"That's enough questions, thank you."

Louis groaned, leaning back in his chair.

"Miss, why don't you just tell us where he is?" Zayn asked.

"I believe I've just told you that it's confidential, thank you Mr Malik."

"But Niall's worried about him."

"I think Niall has his own voice."

"I am worried about him. He was all soppy then just disappeared into thin air." Niall said.

"I except you'll see him soon. Don't worry too much." The teacher smiled at him.

"Alright." Niall offered a half smile in return, nodding his head.

//

"Mum, I'm worried about Harry." Louis sat on the kitchen side, kicking his legs.

"Off the side Louis please." She sighed, "why are you worried about him?"

He huffed, sliding off and sitting on a chair. "He hasn't been in school for like a month but none of the teachers will tell us where he is."

"Why not?"

"They said it's 'confidential information'." Louis put on a voice, making the finger quotations, "load of bollocks if you ask me."

"Louis Tomlinson! Language!" She scolded, hitting him around the head with a tea towel. "And I'm sure you'll find out soon. In the meantime you just have to wait."

"I hate waiting." Louis groaned, "especially when someone just disappears off the face of the earth. I might just hire a P.I."

"I'm sure he's alright love."

"Yeah but he was acting weird on the last day we saw him. Like he came over to tell me to say thank you."

"I must admit, that's odd. I thought he was just being sweet though."

Louis hummed, taking a cookie from the plate on the side before walking into the living room to play with his sisters.

//

It was two months later when Harry stood outside of the school anxiously. He didn't want to be alive, let alone at school.

"Styles?" He heard an all too familiar voice call out from behind him. He turned around slowly, his breath hitching at the people in front of him.

Niall was stood next to Liam, Zayn on Liam's other side, and Louis with his arms wrapped around Eleanor.

"Oh my god Harry!" Niall bounded up to him, embracing him in a hug, almost knocking the both of them over. "Don't do that you dick!"

"'m sorry. Hi Niall." Harry smiled slightly.

"Where the hell have you been?" Louis asked.

"I had to go away." Harry mumbled.

"Where to? Did you like, go travelling or something?" Eleanor raised an eyebrow.

"No. No, nothing like that."

"Then where on earth did you go?" Louis frowned.

"I've told you. Away."

"Don't get smart."