Chapter 6

As Harry's eyes fluttered open panic filled his body. He sat up quickly, yelping at the pain in his body as he looked around. After a second or two he remembered where he was, letting out a sigh.

"Are you alright?" Gemma asked from the bed across the room.

Harry nodded. "What time is it?"

"It's like 11. You slept a long time."

"Sorry."

"No, don't apologise."

"I haven't called into school." Harry frowned, "I need to tell them why I'm not in."

"Don't worry, I called in earlier."

"Oh...thank you."

"It's pancakes for breakfast."

"I don't have any clothes." He told her. "Or anything..."

"You can borrow something of mine. Harry, what's happened to you? I know you've always been quiet but you seem different."

"I grew up and realised how shitty life was. When are you going home?"

"It's only shitty if you let it be."

"Yeah, cause I can control everything." He muttered sarcastically. "You never answered my question."

"2 days time."

"And let me guess, I won't see you for another year or two."

"Don't be stupid."

"I'm not being stupid. It's not exactly unlikely, is it?"

"I told you, I thought it would be best for you."

"Yeah, whatever."

"I'm going to get you some clothes then you can have breakfast and I'll drive you home."

Harry's breath hitched at the idea of going home. "The house is a mess. I don't think you want to see it."

"How bad can it be?"

"Um, worse than the worst...I haven't had time to clean it."

"Can't Uncle John do that?"

Harry shrugged, "he makes me."

//

Harry cowered behind Gemma as she knocked on the door. His uncle was bound to kill him, he had skipped school yesterday, not come home last night and skipped school today.

The door swung open and his uncle answered with a glare on his face, "what?" He snapped, "Gemma?"

"Hi." She smiled nervously.

"How've you been? I haven't seen you in ages." A fake smile was immediately plastered on his face.

"I've been good. I'll come over tomorrow to catch up if that's alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. That's fine. Why aren't you in school Harry?"

"There was an incident yesterday, he-"

"Fell down the stairs at school." Harry interrupted. "They sent me home."

"I'd seen him yesterday morning when he was working so he called me to pick him up as he didn't want to bother you. It got late so he stayed with me, the nurse said for him to stay off today as well, and possibly tomorrow." Gemma lied, looking at Harry curiously. There had to be a reason for his lies so she played along.

"Oh, right. Well I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yeah. See you. Bye Harry."

"Bye."