Chapter 10

"Are you going to go home now?" Louis asked Harry as they sat at the table with their coffees.

Harry shook his head, "I'll leave but I'm not going home."

"What actually did happen? Like people don't just run out of their house with no shoes on."

"It really isn't something I wanna talk about. But um, thank you for letting me sleep in your room last night."

"It's alright. Where are you gonna go if you're not going home?"

"I'll go to work, they keep my uniform there anyway."

"Cool." Louis nodded, "oh hey Custard." He noticed a sand coloured cat strutting along the floor, tail high in the air. Custard jumped onto Louis's lap, purring as he scratched her head. "You wanna hold her?" Louis asked, Harry nodding eagerly.

Louis placed the cat onto Harry's lap, Harry's face lighting up. "I love cats."

"Are you more of a dog person or a cat person?"

"Dog, but I love cats almost as much."

"Me too, the girls all begged for a cat though."

Harry smiled at the cat as it curled up on his lap. "She's cute."

"She is, isn't she?"

"Oh, boys. You're up." Jay smiled as she walked into the kitchen. "Louis put a top on will you?"

"It's too hot."

"Have you boys had breakfast yet?"

"No, just coffee."

"How do you feel about pancakes?"

Harry nodded, "if that's okay."

"Of course. So do you want a lift home afterwards?"

"Oh, no. Um, I won't be going home yet. I'm going to work."

"Do you need me to talk to your uncle?"

"No, no, god no." Harry rushed out before covering his mouth, "sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Hush darling, it's alright. You can stay here as long as you need to."

"Thank you, but I don't need to. It'll be alright." Harry lied, "I'll give him time to cool off."

"Well, don't hesitate to come over if you need to."

"Thank you."

//

"What size feet are you?"

"10."

"I've got a pair of shoes that should fit, I'll come with you and wait for you to change and you can give them back."

"Okay, thank you."

Louis grabbed the shoes, throwing them in front of Harry. "Mum will drive us, let's go and wait in the car."

The car ride was quiet, Harry staring out of the window. He knows that as soon as they were back at school Louis would stop being so laid back, but he had enjoyed being around Louis without being picked on, only if it was for a night.

As Harry was dropped off, he quickly changed into his uniform, handing Louis his shoes back.

"Bye, thank you for letting me stay." Harry gave a slight smile as Louis left.

"Care to explain why you just gave that chap your shoes?"

"Oh, um...it's a long story Paul..."

"What happened?"

"Something happened at home and I had to leave but I didn't have my shoes on and then he saw me and took me home. He goes to my school."

"Right, okay. Are you alright?"

"Bit shaken up. Hopefully he'll have calmed down when I'm home..."

"What happened if you don't mind me asking?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Okay, well what time do you want to work until?"

"Um, would 8 be okay?"

"No, I think that's far too long, that would be like 8 hours. How about 6?"

Harry nodded, knowing he wouldn't win if he argued. "Can I stay until 8 though?"

"Yeah, course."

"Thank you."

"Oh, you never told me why you were away the other day?"

"Oh...um, I fell down the stairs, and um I got beaten up..."

"You got beaten up? Bloody hell Harry. Who and why?"

"Just some people at school, they don't like me."

"Why don't they like you?"

Harry shrugged, "nobody does. It's fine, it's been like this since year 7." Harry walked out to the counter, "hi, how can I help you?" He asked as he saw someone walk in front of him from the corner of his eye.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't pretty boy."

Harry's head snapped up, his eyes widening.

"Why did you run away last night? We could've had so much fun."

"No." Harry shook his head, "no, I'm only 16."

"So much better. Nice and tight for me."

"Stop, please."

"Your uncle wasn't very happy by the way. I'm going to be back you know."

"Please don't." Harry begged, shaking his head.

"Harry, is everything alright?" Paul frowned at the interaction.

Harry gulped, nodding, but Paul stood closer anyway. "Go and wrap some of the food up out back."

Harry nodded, grateful for the excuse to escape. He scurried out back, collapsing onto the chair and putting his head in his hands, trying to control his breathing.

"What did he say to you?" Paul sat opposite him, grabbing Harry's arm as he pulled at his hair.

"He's just a perv...saw him the other day..."

"Well, he's still out there so do you want to stay here until he's gone?"

"Is that alright?"

"Course it is. I'll let you know once he's left."

"Thank you so much." He sighed in relief, he had never seen the man before, and of course as soon as he had tried to rape him, he turned up to his work the next day.

The feeling of panic quickly arose inside him, his uncle wasn't happy, his uncle was going to kill him. Jesus Christ, he couldn't breathe. His knees flew up to his chest and he tugged at his hair again, digging his nails into his scalp.

"Harry he's-oh god, what's wrong?"

Harry shook his head, trying to copy Paul's breathing pattern.

He soon calmed down, digging his palms into his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, do you need a break?"

"N-no I'm alright. I'm okay."

"Positive?"

"Y-yeah, I'm good."

happy One Direction 10th anniversary! Xx