eighteen

〘✿〙
teal

Ryan was going to love this, he had always wanted me to get a dog but never convinced me. I wanted to surprise him with the dog but I couldn't wait any longer. I did take a photo of the puppy just for him, might as well show him.

I was shaking with excitement as I drove over to his place. As I parked, I noticed that Lily was here. I will admit I didn't want to see her but I was too excited to worry about her. I skipped up to the door and rang the doorbell. Gabe opened the door and when he noticed me his face went red.

"Hello Gabe." I waved with a toothy smile but his eyes were sad.
"Please don't be mad that I never told you. We aren't exactly friends so I didn't feel like I owed you anything and Ryan is my roommate. He doesn't mind if I'm late on rent and I don't know how many people are like that. I couldn't risk him kicking me out. Plus you're a really happy girl and I didn't want to ruin that with the truth." He rushed out, his head looked like it was going to explode and his face was so red. His eyes were sad though, he felt bad for me. But why?
"What are you talking about?" I glared in question, my words wary and he frowned.
"I just needed to get that out, I don't want bad blood. It's best if you see yourself." He moved to the side to let me in and I slowly walked through the doorway.

Looking into the lounge room I noticed he was playing a video game, I'm surprised I didn't notice that from the headset hanging around his neck. That's when I heard it. My head felt heavy and my heart dropped. This can't be. Slowly I made my way towards Ryans' room, it got louder and louder. He promised me but it all adds up. I placed my hand on the doorknob and twisted. It can't be real, he promised. I pushed the door wide open.

He lied.

Everything he promised, everything he told me wasn't going to happen, it was all the shit he would spit to keep me happy. I never was even worried but the fact that he promised me kept all bad thoughts out of my head. How could he lie to me?

I know I lied lots of times but it was only payback because he was hurting me. This was different. He promised me that he would never see Lily as anything more than a friend and he would never sleep with her. I didn't even have to feel suspicious about her and he made that promise. He lied.
Now he was on top of her, naked. With her in the way he promised he wouldn't be.

"I should've known your promises were only lies." I spoke up to make my presence known to them both. "Cheater Cheater, pumpkin eater."
I couldn't hold back these tears that were threatening to spill, why was I so weak? I rushed off, I couldn't have them see me cry like this. I don't even know why I was so worked up, I had considered breaking up with him too many times. Shouldn't I be happy? If the love was gone why am I so torn up about him?

Maybe it was because I had faith. In all the promises he made me, all the gently words he spoke to me, all the times he stayed by my side and every time I took it for granted. That's why he did it, he was sick of me. At least he could've kept his promises until we were over.

A hand grabbed my wrist as I was nearing my car. In hopes of it being Ryan, it was Gabe. "You can't drive like this. I've seen the movies, and it doesn't end well for you." He warned, he didn't look sad this time but more so angry.
"I'm not staying here." I whimpered, tears continuing to fall from my eyes. He pulled me into a hug, it was weird at first but the gesture was sweet. "I wished we could've been friends."
"That's just not our fate Teal." He pulled away and looked down to me. A gently smile falling on his lips. "Your friend is coming to pick you up. Sit here and wait." He ordered and I nodded, planting my bum on the ground.

There was so many different emotions swirling my brain, I didn't know who to blame but myself. Every moment we spent together all lead up to this and it could only be my fault. He found me unworthy enough that he didn't have to keep his promise. Why is this damn promise bothering me so much? He was the only person I thought I could trust to make promises and he ruined that.

"Teal." I thought I needed to talk to him but his voice sent shockwaves through my body and it wasn't the good kind. I made me angry and sad, livid enough that I refused to look at him. "I'm sorry."
"No you're not." My voice was shaking and weak, there was no way I could form a proper sentence.
"I thought I could keep it a secret." He murmured and my body when numb. Sobs built up in my throat and filled the air faster than he could explain himself.

'I thought I could keep it a secret.' That's all he had to say to me. How much time have a wasted on this relationship? Was it even a relationship in the first place? For him to tell me that he wanted to keep his love affair a secret. This had to be some kind of sick joke. I'm so confused.

"Don't cry. I didn't mean for it to get out of hand. It was a drunken mistake one night that lead on to more sober ones. I wanted to tell you but I could risk it. I want you in my life Teal." He tried to explain but I wasn't listening. I couldn't over the sound of my heart beating in my chest. It was so loud, my ears started to ring. I stood up from the floor and turned to him.
"You made me promises Ryan, they keep me here and they were the only reasons I stayed. You broke them all." I cried, he didn't hold back the hurt look in his eye. He knew he fucked up.

〘✿〙

wait what? double trouble!!

i felt bad for making yous wait for long so here you gooooo! I bet y'all were waiting for this.

kinda would ship teal and gabe

i don't know if my story will add up in the next chapter but idc.

love yous 💜