Prolouge

"Ow, Fuck!"

"Ow, Fuck!"

"Almost there."

"Just finish it."

"Yes, ma'am."

"And..."

"Fuuuuck!"

"...Done." The man rolls his chair away from her. The girl slowly opens her eyes, her blue eyes blankly staring at the ceiling. She wipes away the tears that were brimming her eyes. She slowly sits up and the man hands her a mirror.

She grabs the mirror and inspects the black nose ring. "Cute." A voice says.

The short-haired brunette turns her head and her mouth twitches. "Yeah, I guess so..." She says quietly. She slides off the seat, "Thank you." She says, landing on her feet.

Mia pulls her wallet out, "How much do I owe?" She questions.

"Just 75." He answers. Mia nods her head. "Dollars." He clarifies.

Mia looks back at the man, "Thanks for clearing that up..." She says with all the sarcasm in the world and hands him her card. She folds her arms and turns to the girl with her.

"So, are we gonna take your nose ring out for a test drive?" She questions with a smile.

"Test drive?" Mia questions.

"Boys--Men. My dear friend!" She exclaims.

Mia shrugs her shoulders and looks down at her shoes. The girl slumps her shoulders. "I thought you said that this would help--"

"Well it obviously didn't," Mia say sin a firm tone, looking back at the girl. Mia closes her eyes and exhales softly, "I really wish I could drink right now..." Mia pinches the bridge of her nose, ignoring the throbbing in her nose.

"I mean...technically you could, but...it would just end bad." The girl says.

Mia doesn't reply, she just stares off into space. "That's it!" The girl claps her hands together, causing Mia to flinch.

"We're going out...for a nonalcoholic beverage." She points at the brunette. "Grab your card so we can hit the road." She turns and exits the parlor.

Mia opens her mouth, "Gwen--wait!" Mia calls out to her, but she was already gone. The girl gnaws on her lower lip. She exhales through her nose, she's dreading what's coming next...talking to someone alone. She turns to the man and grabs her card and receipt.

"Nice tattoo." He compliments her.

Mia looks down at her forearm and stares at the skull tattoo. Sometimes she forgets she even got this thing. "Thanks, I decided that if death does come my way again. I'll welcome it." She says the familiar words with a smile.

The man looks at her with raised brows, obviously freaked out about what she said. Mia's cheeks heat up as he doesn't say anything. "I was...joking it was a--it was a joke, sorry..." Mia stuffs her card in her pocket and walks out of the building, never wanting to talk to anyone again