Prom (2)

Mia looks down at her folded hands

Mia looks down at her folded hands. "Uh...so..." she shifts her eyes to her mother's. "I didn't get any to my top colleges." she admits.

Nora inhales. "The envelopes came in a few weeks ago, I just...I never told you and...I'm sorry." she says. "But...I applied to Brown, I just...I haven't heard from them yet."

"Mia, sweetie...you don't have to apologize to me." Nora gently touches Mia's hands.

"I just...I've been distracted and...I either waited too long or they just didn't like me." Mia chuckles.

Mia gnaws on her lower lip. "I've been...seeing things, too." she states.

"Wh-what do you mean...seeing things?" Nora asks.

"B-Bryce...I've been saying Bryce, Monty, and...myself." Mia says quietly.

Nora's face goes slack, "Mia, are you okay? I mean...do you need to see your therapist again?" she asks.

Mia closes her eyes and shakes her head, "N-No, I just...I know how much you've been worrying about me and...we haven't talked lately." the short-haired brunette looks down at her hands.

Nora lightly squeezes her daughter's hand. "You're almost an adult, Mia...there are things that you want to keep to yourself and I understand that." she nods her head. "It bothers me sometimes when I can't talk to you, but I get it."

Mia bites the inside of her cheek, "Thank you." she nods. "Also...I'm dating Clay again..." the brunette admits. "We snuck around the week we had off of school."

Nora arches her brow, "You and...Clay Jensen?" she asks.

Mia shrugs, "The only Clay I know." she chuckles softly. Mia notices her mother's blank expression.

"Are you...okay?" she asks.

Nora looks at her daughter, "As long as you're happy, then I'm happy, Mia." she tilts her head. "Are you...happy?" she asks.

Mia presses her lips together, "I am." she nods her head. "I really am."

Nora smiles, "Good, then I'm happy."

The brunette rubs her ear. "Uh, mom...I actually--I need your help with something." She states. "I want to go to prom."

Nora blinks, "You...You want to go to...prom?" she asks.

Mia chuckles, "Everybody seems a little surprised by it, but...yes. I want to go to prom." she says.

Nora smirks, "All right...what do you need me to do?"

==========

Mia peaks around the corner, her eyes on the lockers. "What, are you doing?" Gwen asks loudly.