Acceptance/Rejection

"Tyler was an informant, and he assisted us with a number of operations

"Tyler was an informant, and he assisted us with a number of operations." Deputy Standall states.

Mia frowns, the door opens Sheriff Diaz enters the room. "We traced a bag-load of illegal guns to him." Sheriff Diaz adds. "Deferred charges in exchange for his help getting guns like that off the street."

"Whoa..." Mia exhales.

"Jesus Christ." Tony whispers.

"It was Deputy Standall's idea, and a good one." Diaz states.

"Look, Tyler put himself in harm's way to help us, and we should be grateful for that." Standall says. "All of us, our entire community is safer because of his sacrifice."

Mia slowly nods her head. "Yes, sir." She says.

"Can we talk to him?" Clay asks.

"No." Diaz replies. "Not just yet."

"Uh--you're not gonna like...tell my mom that I'm here, right?" She asks. "I just...recently came back from the station and she's not really--"

"It's fine, Mia." Standall says. Mia inhales, "Thanks." She sighs.

Clay, Mia, and Tony walk out of the station and Mia chuckles. "So, I was right." She stuffs her hands in her jacket. "And you were wrong." She points at Tony.

"Okay, Okay I get it." Tony nods his head. "But, I just...fuck! Tyler was acting really shady and--"

"Tony, we get it, but...I don't think that Ty's going to really be happy to see us for a while." Mia states.

Mia looks down at her shoes as silence develops between the three friends. Mia starts to laugh, Clay and Tony look at her. "What's wrong?" Clay asks.

"Nothing it's just...Tyler is practically a fucking Superhero!" Mia exclaims. "That's fucking awesome, right?"

==========

Mia stands across from Tyler, she was gnawing on her lower lip. "Did he know anything about Spring Fling? Anything at all?" Tony asks.

"No." Tyler looks at his friends. "Nothing. Alex's dad convinced Diaz that I wasn't violent, just a misguided kid who liked guns too much, and who could help the department." Tyler walks over to the other side of the room.

"So where have you been for the past week?" Clay asks.

Tyler looks at Clay, then Tony, then Mia. Hurt in his eyes. "I had to be deposed and go in front of a judge in secret." Tyler answers. "I needed a break from school...and from my friends."

Mia inhales, "Tyler--"

"No, I told you." He looks at Tony. "I told you that the guns would only trace back to me, and that everything would be Ok." He states. "They wouldn't let me tell you the truth."