College Tour

Mia bites her thumbnail as she watches her alarm clock change to 7:00 am, the music of her alarm clock now ringing throughout her room

Mia bites her thumbnail as she watches her alarm clock change to 7:00 am, the music of her alarm clock now ringing throughout her room. She stayed up all night, again. She looks down at her sweaty palms and exhales. "Today's going to be okay...just let it be okay." She whispers.

"You're fucking stupid if you think that it's to be okay." Her brother's voice mocks her. Mia looks up and sees Bryce leaning against the doorframe. "What do you want from me?" Mia whispers.

He doesn't reply, he just smirks at her. Mia closes her eyes and scoffs. "This is fucking stupid." She murmurs, the brunette gets out of bed and ruffles her hair. She opens her eyes and sees Monty standing in front of her. "I can't..." She closes her eyes again. "You aren't even real." She chuckles.

She walks past Monty and grabs some clothes from her drawer, she throws them on the bed and walks to the bathroom. As she brushes her teeth, she catches sight of a girl behind her. Mia spits in the sink and whips her head around. "What the fuck?" She whispers.

The girl tilts her head, "Do you not remember me?" The girl questions. "I mean...it's been a long time, I get it. But...bow can you forget yourself?" The girl questions with a tired smirk.

Mia looks over the girl, she had long brown hair, she was wearing sweatpants, a sweatshirt, and her face was slightly sunken. "You're...me?" Mia inhales and her gut turns. "You're me. Holy shit" She exhales sharply. "I don't remember looking so..."

"Disgusting? That's what happens when your best friend kills herself and your boyfriend dies." The younger Mia sighs.

Mia shakes her head, "Once again, not real..." She looks away from her and stares at the mirror, continuing to brush her teeth. "You can't ignore me." Younger Mia says in a firm tone.

Mia doesn't reply. "Y'know...that Gwen chick, she's been helping you a lot lately. And you've been eating sweets to get your mind off of drugs and alcohol." Younger Mia was now beside Mia. "But don't forget...sugar can make your teeth fall out." The hallucination growls.

Mia flinches and stops brushing her teeth, as she feels a pain shoot into her gums. She drops her toothbrush in the sink. She looks in the mirror and sees blood leave her mouth. She spits in the sink, her teeth start to fall out. Mia coughs in pain, "No, no, no..." Mia covers her mouth.

She falls to the ground and coughs up blood as more of her teeth fall out. "Mia, Mia--"

"NO, NO, NO!" Mia cries out.

Hands touch her arms, Mia gasps out of shock and she opens her eyes and meets Gwen's. Mia's blue eyes dart around the bathroom. "What's going on? Are you hurt?" Gwen questions.

Mia lets out quick shaky breaths. "I-I-I don't..." She shakes her head and reaches in her mouth. She feels her teeth still in her mouth, she looks at the ground and there's no blood on the ground. "What happened?" Mia quietly asks.