Senior Camping Trip

Mia drags Clay into the bathroom

Mia drags Clay into the bathroom. He leans against the wall and slides to the floor. Mia grabs some paper towels and soaks them in water. She inhales a shaky breath and exhales a sharp one. She walks over to Clay and crouches in front of him.

She gently touches one of his wrists and starts to clean at his fingers and face as his heavy breathing fills the bathroom. "Ani left," Clay states, looking off into space.

Mia gnaws on her lower lip. "I'm sorry." She whispers.

"Why didn't you leave?" Clay questions.

Mia bites the inside of her cheek. "Clay...you and Justin...you let me stay at your place when I had no one. And...I'm just trying to be helpful." She gives him a small smile. "Wh-who did this to you?" She asks.

"Diego and your boyfriend, Brett," Clay says, jealously coursing through his veins.

Mia scoffs, "He's not my boyfriend...not anymore." Mia shakes her head. "That's what I get for trying to meet someone new." She chuckles. "I think I'll just stick with the nice guys," Mia says, looking into Clay's eyes.

They both continue to burn their eyes into each others. "What...what happened out there...if you don't mind me asking?" Mia asks, cautiously.

Clay thinks for a second, he trusted Mia, out of everyone...he trusted her. "There was this CPT dummy with blood all over it with an orange jumpsuit..." Clay says, his hands starting to shake as his mind goes back to him thinking Monty was on the field. "I thought...I thought it was Monty...like actually Monty. He was...so cold, crying, afraid, in pain, and I couldn't save him." Clay's voice starts to shake and he inhales deeply.

Mia looks down at his red-stained hands and grips them both. "Hey, Clay...look at me..." Mia whispers. She cups his cheeks, Clay looks back into her eyes. "I get it, okay? I really do." She whispers.

Clay slightly pulls his brows together as he sees the sincerity in her eyes. Mia hears footsteps approaching. She takes her hands off of Clay's face. She sees Justin, "They're looking for you. The cops...they already got Diego and Brett." Justin says, looking at Clay.

Mia's jaw tightens, her anger kicking in. "Where?" She questions. Mia stands up and brushes past Justin. Justin grabs Mia's arm, "Mia hey--"

Mia yanks her arm out of his grip and exits the bathroom. She spots Brett and Diego talking to cops. "HEY!" Mia's voice booms throughout the school hall. Brett turns his head and sees Mia stalk towards them, he saw the furious look in her eyes and he tenses up. "Keep her away from me..." Brett says to the officer. "Keep her the fu--"

Mia punches Brett square in the nose. The officer quickly grabs her wrists and press her against the locker. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

==========