Valentine's Day

Clay looks away from his laptop and looks at the door he just heard a knock from

Clay looks away from his laptop and looks at the door he just heard a knock from. Was this even real? He walks over to the door and opens it. His face goes slack as he sees the brunette standing in front of him, drenched in water from the rain. "M-Mia?" Clay questions. He sees the panicked expression on her face. "I-I-I'm sorry, I just had nowhere else to go," Mia whispers blankly like she was empty on the inside. Clay steps aside and she slowly walks in.

"Clay, what are you doing up?" Justin asks, seeing his brother close the door. Justin's eyes move over to the side and he blinks. "Mia?" He slowly gets out of bed. "Are you okay?" Clay asks.

Mia hugs herself, trying not to shiver tremendously. Clay grabs a towel from the bathroom, he walks back over to MIa and cautiously places it over her shoulders. Mia grips the towel, "My mom...she didn't want me in the house." Mia shakes her head slightly.

"Wait--why not? Did you get into an argument?" Justin questions.

Mia gnaws on her lower lip like she always does when she's nervous. "No, no she's...protecting me." Mia answers.

"Protecting you? F-From what?" Clay inquires.

Mia takes a moment to catch her breath. She didn't even want to answer, Clay and Justin, look at each other noting the fear in her body. "He's...he's back..." Mia whispers. "John, he's...they let him off. He's out of prison, my dad...he fucking paid them off." Mia wipes her mouth and exhales sharply.

"What the fuck?" Clay and Justin say with wide eyes. Clay has never seen John before but Justin has. He remembers when John used to live at the Walker house, he remembers John hurting Mia. "I'll kill him," Justin growls.

Clay looks over at Justin, he's never seen him so angry before. "Did you see him, I mean...at your house?" Clay asks.

"No, but he's...he's fucking insane." Mia inhales quickly and exhales more air. She starts to breathe quickly, Clay touches her arm. "Mia, hey..." He whispers.

Mia looks over at him, "What am I supposed to do?" She asks. The brunette looks between the two boys. "I talked to him last semester, you remember?" Mia questions. "And I...I fucking I told him he wasn't getting out and I told him I wasn't afraid of him, but that was a fucking lie!" Mia's knees buckle and she falls to the ground.

Justin steps forward, alert. Clay's eyes widen, he crouches down in front of her and wraps his arms around her. "I'll get her some dry clothes." Justin roots through his things. "Are any of these fucking clean?" Justin questions himself.

After Mia got dried and dressed, she was laying in bed, her eyes glued on the ceiling. "I wish..." Mia whispers, Clay turns to her. "I wish everything could go back to the way it was...when we were a little happy." She finishes.