Aftermath

Everything was moving in slow motion, ears were ringing, she hasn't slept

Everything was moving in slow motion, ears were ringing, she hasn't slept. She didn't want to sleep. "Miss. Walker?" A voice says, the brunette's hearing now bursting through her ears.

Mia blinks and slowly looks at the doctor. "Your mother?" She questions.

Mia looks down at her red-stained hands. "This isn't my blood..." Mia whispers.

"Pardon me?" The female doctor asks.

"John? Where's John?" Mia asks. "Is he...okay?"

The doctor tenses up. "Uh--he...he lost a lot of blood and he didn't make it." The doctor says.

Mia's chest tightens. I didn't want to kill anyone. "Dead...he's dead." Mia croaks. "My mom...my mom she was at a cooking class, then... afterward she said..." Mia closes her eyes, thinking. She was in so much pain, inside and out. "I'm sorry, I can't..." Mia covers her mouth and quietly cries.

"Your emergency contact is a--"

"Bryce Walker..." Mia whispers. "I forgot to change it..." Mia pinches the bridge of her nose.

"I'm sorry, Miss Walker." The doctor says.

"I can...give you my mom's number...if you want." Mia inhales, trying to keep calm.

The doctor nods her head, she sees the young girl grab a pen and paper, her red hands shaking. "I can...I can write it." The doctor grabs the notepad and paper.

Mia nods her head, "Okay, th-thank you..."

After her mother got her, Nora thought it was a good idea to call some people close to Mia. People that would help the girl through this. "Oh my god, Mia." A voice says.

Mia slowly looks up from her stained hands and sees Clay, and Justin. "What...what are you guys doing here?" She asks, slowly sitting up in pain.

"Ms. Walker, she called us--"

"Wh-why would she do that? I'm fine." Mia cuts Clay off, she looks down at her bruised hands.

Clay examines Mia's face. Her right eye was swollen, her lip had a gash in it, and her neck was bruised as well. "Why the fuck would he do this?" Clay questions.

"He's John." Mia chuckles, she covers her mouth. "I mean...he was free, he could've started over, but..." She closes her eyes and shakes her head.

"Where is he now?" Justin asks.

Mia's throat tightens, her hand falls from her mouth and she looks down at her shaky hands. "Dead," Mia whispers, tears falling on the covers.

Clay and Justin look at each other. "Mia--"

"I killed him...I fucking...murdered him!" She tangles her hands in her hair.

"He would've hurt you," Clay says, stepping towards her.

"I-I-I shot him. I aimed the gun at him. I didn't want to, but I told him to leave me alone. I warned him." Mia starts to sob. I couldn't breathe, he was gonna kill me!" The brunette starts to hyperventilate.

Justin's eyes widen, "Oh shit." He runs out of the room. "We need a doctor!" He shouts.

Mia shakes her head, "No, I need to get out of here!" Mia shouts back. She grips her gown and starts to get out of the bed.

"Mia, hey...no..." Clay runs over to her.

"This is...I can't be here. I don't want to be here anymore..." Mia sobs.

A lump forms in Clay's throat as he sees Mia in so much pain. "Hold your breath." He says.

Mia looks at him, confused but she does it anyway. She closes her eyes and holds her breath. She feels everything for a moment drown out, she exhales sharply and opens her eyes again and meets Clay's.

Mia opens her mouth, "Th-th-thank you..."

==========

Mia was still lying in her hospital bed, Clay at her bedside. "Why are you still here?" She asks, her eyes not on him.

Clay blinks, "I care about you, Mia. I always will." He says. Mia inhales, "You care about a murderer?" She lets out a painful chuckle.

"You were protecting yourself. If you hadn't...if you didn't do what you did, you would be the one dead right now." Clay explains.

Mia nods her head. "Sir you can't go in--"

Mia's eyes widen and she slightly sits up, ignoring her pain. "You." He growls.

"Dad--"

"What did you fucking do?!" He walks over to her. Clay looks between Mia and her father.

"I-I told him to leave. He snuck into the house and he tried to--"

"Fucking bullshit--you wanted him gone and now he is!" Her father says in a shaky tone.

Clay slowly stands up. "Mr. Walker--"

"Clay, don't," Mia says, she slowly gets out of the bed. "I killed him," Mia whispers. "I killed him because he would've killed me after he raped me!" Mia shouts. "And yet...you still think I'm being dramatic, you think I'm delusional..." Mia looks down at the ground. "I have bent over backward trying to be perfect. Even if it meant to hell with my own happiness, but I say...fuck that." She chuckles. "Your friend was a rapist, dad. And...I'm glad he's dead."

Silence fills the hospital room as well as tension. Before Mia could comprehend anything, she feels her dad's hand slap her across her face. Security drags him away.

"YOU'RE NO DAUGHTER OF MINE!"

Mia lightly touches her cheek, tears pricking her eyes. "Mia..." Clay slowly walks over to the frozen girl.

Mia inhales sharply and exhales a shaky breath. "It's fine, he stopped being my father...a long time ago." Mia's chin quivers. "This just confirmed it..."

Clay walks over to her and wraps his arms around her gently. It takes everything for Mia to bring her walls down with Clay again. She exhales a pain-filled sob and hugs Clay back.

A/N: Sorry this was a short chapter, but I also hoped that you liked it! Mia has really gone through a lot, but don't worry. Her happy ending will come...later.