Acceptance/Rejection (3)

Mia presses the ice pack against her neck

Mia presses the ice pack against her neck. Her mom once again was not happy with her. It's like her mom expected her to just go back to class after what happened today...bullshit. A knock is heard at her door, Mia's heart rate quickens. She looks at the time, her mom was on a trip.

Gwen didn't want Mia to stay alone, so she was staying with her for the week. But she was already asleep.

"It's fucking midnight..." Mia mumbles. She grabs a knife off the kitchen table. John was dead, but she still didn't feel safe. She walks over to the door and opens it. Mia exhales sharply, "Clay..." she lightly chuckles. But her smile falls and she slumps her shoulders.

"It's 12 o'clock in the morning." Mia sighs.

"I knew you'd still be awake." He says.

Mia presses her lips together. "Is...everything okay?" she asks. The brunette steps aside, encouraging Clay to enter the house. Clay slowly enters the house. Mia closes the door.

"How...how are you?" Clay asks. "I heard about you and Gwen with the car."

Mia inhales, "Uh...I'm sore, but Gwen sprained her wrist." she presses her lips together.

"I'm just glad that's all that happened to her." Mia bites her thumbnail.

Clay swallows, "I'm sorry..." He says quietly.

Mia slightly tilts her head, "Clay, why are you sorry?" she asks.

"I...was at my session with Dr. Ellman..." Clay looks down at his hands.

Mia sets the knife down. He never talks about his sessions. "Aren't those...private?" Mia asks, crossing her arms. "Do you really want to talk to me about it?" She asks with a chuckle.

"Out of everyone...I want to talk about them with you." He says, his eyes still on his hands.

Mia nods her head, "Okay...take your time." she chuckles. "Wasn't going to bed anytime soon."

"I just...everything that has happened...the graffiti, the cameras getting destroyed, you guys getting terrorized during camp, the car exploding..." Clay names everything, guilt in his voice. "it was all me, I just...I forgot about it..." Clay sniffles.

Mia slightly opens her mouth, "You were dissociating?" she asks.

Clay looks at her, "Yeah, how--"

"When I was younger, I would cut up my mom's dresses and burn my dad's credit cards...but...I didn't know..." She licks her lips. "But, Clay...you don't have to apologize." she slightly shakes her head.

"I put all of us in danger!" Clay says.

Mia slowly nods her head, "Technically...my hands would be clean if all of this came out, so..." she gives him a tight-lipped smile.

Clay lets out a quiet laugh. Mia smiles softly, she slowly walks over to him. Clay presses his lips together, "I remember...what happened at the party." he blurts out.

Mia's soft expression drops. Her face heats up, her eyes widen, and her lips were now slightly parted. "Oh..." She whispers. She closes her eyes. What the fuck am I supposed to say?!

Speak, Walker!

"Uh...I..." Mia inhales and exhales. "Sex!" She blurts out, she slaps her hand over her mouth.

Clay looks at her with wide eyes. "I mean..." Mia slowly takes her hands off her mouth. "We had sex." She nods her head.

"Twice." Clay nods.

Mia chuckles, "Twice." she confirms.

Clay slightly steps toward the brunette. "I-I-I'm gonna do something, and...afterwards you can punch me if you want." he says.

Mia's eyes burn into Clay's. His were the ocean, everytime he looks at her his eyes were so full of life. "O-O-Okay..." Mia whispers.

Clay cups Mia's cheeks and softly kisses her, butterflies erupt in her stomach. Mia grips Clay's jacket and kisses him back, every emotion they've held for each other now being communicated in their kisses. They separate from each other, Mia opens her eyes and she smiles.

Clay slowly lets go of Mia's cheeks. "I love you, Mia...I never stopped." He chuckles. "I've been going ou of my mind without you and...when I remembered us being together that night, it's like this weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt...complete." He smiles.

Mia inhales, "You..." She slowly nods her head. "You have a way with words..." she says quietly.

Mia parts her lips, she touches the sides of his face, she stands on her toes and connects their lips. Clay kisses her back, he move his hands down to her waist. The brunette tangles a hand in Clay's hair.

Mia slowly moves her hands to his jacket and slips it off of his body. Clay separates from Mia. "Wait, your mom--"

"Not home." She whispers, connecting their lips again.

Clay quickly kisses her back.

A whistle comes from the stairway. Mia and Clay separate her each other and look at the girl staring at them. "Damn." She chuckles. "I owe Justin 50 bucks."

Mia chuckles, "Gwen." She says.

"Fine, fine just..." Gwen laughs. "Keep it down, cause I know what's gonna--"

"Gwen." Clay and Mia both say.

Gwen holds her hands up. "Fine, have fun..." she walks up the stairs with a smirk on her lips.

"Lovers."

A/N: This chapter is short, but...shoot! Some stuff happened...Honestly I was squealing the ENTIRE time I wrote this! But I'm not ready to start writing the last 2 episodes...I'm REALLY not!   💔😢💔😭