Acceptance/Rejection (2)

"There are innocent people being treated like criminals

"There are innocent people being treated like criminals." Jessica states.

"I'm told they were fighting," Bolan says.

"Is that a fucking reason to have a gun pulled on you?!" Mia snaps.

"Of course not." Mr. Bolan says.

"That's bullshit!" Jessica says. "And it's not just them, it's all of us!"

The students agree together.

"Presumed guilty? No charge? No due process?" Jessica questions.

"All right, people. Folks!" Bolan claps his hands, trying to quiet everyone down.

"Hey, please. The situation is being addressed. Let's get back to class." Mr. Bolan advises.

The students begin to speak, not agreeing with his decision. Jessica looks at everyone. "No!" She defies.

"Do not make matters worse." Mr. Bolan says. "get back to class."

Clay, Mia, and Jessica exchange a look. Clay steps forward, "No. We're not going back to class." He speaks up.

Mr. Bolan sighs, "Clay, I promise you we will get into this." Bolan states. "Diego's being released, the officer will be disciplined if appropriate--"

"IF?!" Mia shouts, standing beside Clay.

"--And we will address the situation according to--"

"Fuck that! Enough is enough!" Jessica steps forward as well. She looks at Justin.

Justin smirks, "Fucking Right." He stands beside Jessica.

"All right, I understand your point without all the inappropriate language." Bolan tries to calm the students down.

Mia and Clay look one another, reading each other's minds. "Fuck you, motherfucker." They both say at the same time.

"We're together on this." Clay adds.

"Everyone get back to class right now, or there will be consequences," Bolan warns.

Jessica shrugs, "Bring it on." She looks at Alex. "We're not afraid."

Alex looks right back at her, but he pushes through the crowd and leaves. "We're finally doing something." Clay states.

"Doing what, exactly?" Bolan questions.

Mia and Clay look at each other then at Jessica. Mia turns her head to the exit and smirks. She looks at Bolan and gives him a cheeky smile, she spins on her heel and walks through the crowd. Clay chuckles, Mia never ceases to amaze him. He follows her, Mia and Clay stop walking and wait for Jessica.

"Hey. Turn around." Bolan orders.

Jessica walks beside them. "No, Turn around! The three of..." Bolan stops talking as he sees all the kids follow behind the three students.