Chapter 5

"You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
Pardon the way that I stare"

Alex's P.O.V

It was pouring heavily as I watched the streets from the balcony in my office. I sighed. This day is going too slow for my liking. It's my mom's birthday for God's sake. I sighed again.

It's almost time for the party when my dad called, "Hey Lex, I have a request"
"And what would that be dad?" I said as I started to walk towards the cafeteria to get Blake. Yes, he stayed with me today like he does every year. "I need you to pick up the cake." , "What? Why?" I replied while signalling Blake that it's time for us to get going.

"My car broke down the moment me and your mom reached the avenue for the party. And the network connection is weak as well, I can't call an Uber" , I sighed for the millionth time today. Not that I don't want to pick up the cake that he was suppose to do, but I'm just excited and can't wait for the surprise and see mom's reaction.
"Fine I'll pick it up and be there soon", "thank you son, see you soon" he hung up as I started the car.

"What Happened?" Blake asked while scrolling through his phone. "We have to pick up the cake from the bakery cause dad's car broke down" I said. "Gotcha. Can we get a cupcake?" , "We're getting a 3 layered cake and you want a cupcake?" , "Yes. I'll have both. No big deal Lex" he said, still scrolling through his phone.
"You're paying for your own purchase" , "aww you're selfish man!" He pouted.

I laughed at him and stopped the car in front of the bakery. Sweet Smith's . I gave a small smile at the name.
Me and Blake got out the car and we literally ran like two mad men to get inside before we get too wet. We obviously got a bit wet as predicted. "That was fun, OMG look at those goodness" he practically drooled as he walked away from me to the counter where all the sweets and cakes were.

I stood there, looking around and wiping my face with the Blazer sleeve and ran my hand through my hair, there goes my hairstyle, I thought as I saw someone approaching me from the corner of my eyes.
"Hello welcome to Sweet Smith's, what can I do for you today?" a soft voice spoke. I turned towards the owner of the soft voice and saw a beautiful woman with a small smile staring at me with her huge brown eyes. I couldn't even form a sentence.

She raised an eyebrow, still smiling "Are you okay sir?" , I snapped back into reality and closed my eyes and exhaled.
"Yes I'm good. Ummm...I'm actually here to pick up a cake my father ordered last week, from the Richards" I said with a smile.
She blinked and smiled even wider, not complaining though, "oh yes I remembered, I'll be back soon with the order" she walked away.

I didn't even realized that Blake was beside me, staring where I was staring. "You done being a creep?" He said, scaring me, as he stuffed his mouth with a pastry. I ignored his question "you said you wanted a cupcake" , "I did, I had it a long time ago while you were being a creep and probably scared her away, this is the third thing I'm having" he shrugged as if it was nothing. I stared at him and frowned. I was gonna say something, when she returned with the huge box. Damn she's strong. She was struggling to carry it alone.

I immediately went towards her and helped her carry the heavy box. "Oh thank you so much, it's quite heavy" she made eye contact and huffed while Smiling.
"My friend couldn't help cause she's taking care of the 'salty cupcakes' " she rolled her eyes playfully.

"It's no problem at all" I said while smiling and handed the box to Blake without any warnings. "Woah! Gimme heads up man! I could've dropped it!" He huffed and then turned towards her and smiled, "Hi! My name's Blake. I would've shook my hand but it's kinda occupied at the moment" he glared at me.
She giggled, she freaking giggled, "it's alright! My name's Crystal" then she turned towards me, still smiling.

I couldn't utter a single word cause my mind was replaying her giggle. Blake nudged me and I came back from my daydreaming and cleared my throat, "I- I'm Alex...Richards, Alex Richards" what the fuck are you doing Alex? You just stuttered! I thought as I held my hand out for her to shake.
She smiled softly, "Crystal Smith" and took my hand, shaking it. I almost passed out.
"Okay! We'll get going or else we're going to be late for momma's birthday!" Blake's urged "We'll definitely meet soon darling!" and walked away.

I then remembered I was STILL holding her hand. I slowly took my hand back and gave her a small smile. "See you around Crystal" I said while turning back. "See you Alex" she mumbling, looking down Smiling.

As I reached my car, I sat down and turned towards Blake, who was already looking at me with a smirk. "She's not your 'darling' " , his smirk grew "already whipped huh" he slowly nodded his head and started playing Candy crush.
I sighed and started the ignition and drove off.

Smiling

--------------------------------------------------

Song:- Can't Take My Eyes Off You By Frankie Valli

Long chapter ayy
Enjoy ♥️