Chapter 24

"Money is the reason we exist
Everybody knows it, it's a fact-kiss, kiss"

Crystal's POV

It's been almost a week and I rarely go out of my room. The only moments I go out is when I need to eat something or want to watch some shows.

No there's no TV in my room.

It was lunch time and I was hungry, starving almost. I stood up from the bed and walked towards the door but before opening the door I paused, I really wished Adrienne will stay in his room.

Sighing I opened the door and made my way towards the kitchen. For the first time in ages I felt lucky, Adrienne wasn't here in the kitchen.

I went to grab something from the fridge but I was disappointed. There was nothing except for milk and some rotten carrots.

I groaned as I headed back towards my room, deciding to go out and bring some food. With that I started to get ready.

Now you may think if I can go out then why don't I leave? Well, I told you that I won't leave Alex and even if I run, Adrienne would either come after me or hurt Alex.

I wore some jeans and a sky blue sweatshirt, which belonged to Alex, and went out.

Cursing to myself as I saw Adrienne in the living room, scrolling through his phone, humming a tune.

He looked so harmless now. If I didn't knew about Adrienne I would've never realised that it wasn't Alex.

"It's weird that you keep staring at me like you want me but in reality you have nothing to do with me. I get it I'm handsome and hard to resist but jeez" he said without even glancing at me.

I rolled my eyes, "I was indeed staring at you but I was thinking that somehow you'd keep your egoistic mouth shut" I said stepping down the stairs.

"I feel loved babe"

"Don't call me that"

"Sure sexy"

"That too"

"Fine hot stuff"

"OH MY GOD don't give me those stupid pet names! Call me by my name"

"That's boring"

"I don't care"

"Well I care" is he serious right now? Is he okay? Is he drunk?

"You don't care about anything but yourself Adrienne" I said sternly.

"I do care about something other than me" his voice soften as he looked up at me then looked away.

"And what it is?" I mumbled, thinking that maybe he have a good side.

He was looking anywhere but me, he was fidgeting and after a couple of minutes his eyes finally met mine.

"I...I care about...."he stuttered a bit.

"Yeah go on" I urged him to spill it out.

"Money" 

We stared at each other for what seemed like forever.

Then he burst out laughing.

Nope there isn't any 'good side' of him.

Rolling my eyes and scoffing I turned around and made my way towards the main door, he was still laughing.

Reaching the door I spotted a giant lock. It was like a security lock that needed numbers, like a code.

Sighing I again turned around to look at him, only to find he was now kneeling on the ground......still laughing.

"What's this Adrienne?" I asked pointing towards the lock.

"Oh yes I forgot to inform you about that, that's a lock"

I exhaled sharply, this bitch, "I can see that, but why?"

He stood up, taking his phone and coming towards me, stopping when he reached closer, he nodded towards the lock and smiled, "that's for you"

I frowned and he continued, "I don't want you to run now do I? Nope. Even though I know you won't cause u would do something...." He looked directly into my eyes and whispered, "bad", he winked.

"C'mon tell me where were you going?"

I sighed, "Target, I need some food, there's nothing in the fridge and Im hungry"

"Ohhhhh we can order pizza" he said excitedly.

"And for dinner?"

"Pizza"

"Tomorrow?"

"Pizza" he shrugged.

I blinked hard, wishing he would faint and fall and hit his head.

"I don't wanna eat pizza throughout this 'vacation' " I said crossing my arms.

"Aww why? Pizzas are delicious and not that expensive"

I frowned, how stupid he can be?

"If you keep on buying pizza it's gonna be expensive just like that"

This time he frowned.

"It'll be better if we get lots of groceries which will last longer and it'll have different taste cause of the different dishes I'll make and also if you keep eating pizzas you're gonna lose you're 'perfect figure',  you want that?"

He kept frowning then sighed, "you for those points correct and off course I don't want my figure to change or anything, if it did I would stop getting girls"

I looked away, other girls? What does that mean? Is he sleeping around? While I'm locked up in my room?

"Don't give stress to that pretty head of yours, I'm not sleeping around. Don't have to be so jealous babe" he winked. Again.

I rolled my eyes, "Can we just go already? I'm starving!"

"Damn woman chill out, fine let's go but don't waste too much money" he huffed.

"Money isn't always important you know" I mumbled

He chuckled getting in the car, without opening the door for me, wasn't expecting him to do it but still.
I opened the door and sat down, buckling.

"Money. It's important hot stuff. In this generation all people think about is money, they would do anything to get a handful of cash, even kill their loved ones. This is how the world works now. Fuck feelings, have money"

We sat in silence after what he said.

I kept on repeating his words in my head and deep down I know what he said was absolutely correct.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Song:- National Anthem By Lana Del Rey

What's your thoughts about Money? What is more important?

And I know it's been 84 years since I last updated but I'm here right?

Don't forget to vote comment share and follow!!!!

Oh and also follow me on instagram!!!
Username:- cindrellarozario

Enjoyyyyy ❤️