Chapter 9

"Lately you've been on my mind
Honey
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you"

Alex's POV

Adorable. She looked adorable, as I stared at her while she's sipping on her coffee, sitting across me. She's looking like she's in a deep thought. Probably just thinking what just happened. And I have this stupid smile, continuously stirring my coffee that's literally cold now.

"How are you Crystal?" I asked. She snapped her eyes on mine, and I swear the world just stopped for a second.
"I'm doing good. What about you Alex?" She gave a small smile and her cheeks going pink a bit. I almost awed, but thankfully didn't. I smiled.
"I'm good actually, now" she giggled. Almost. Again. Gosh Crystal.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Crystal's POV

Crystal! Stop embarrassing yourself! It looks like he wants to say something but holding it back. We're sitting here for almost half and hour, without saying a word, smiling. He never took a sip from his long forgotten coffee nor did he touched the cupcake in front of him.

"So how's Blake?" Really Crystal? That's what you ask? How's Blake? "And everyone?" I added, taking a bite of the cupcake.
"Everyone's doing well Crystal" he gave out a small laugh, looking down and back up at me.

"Why are you so nervous?" He suddenly asked. I almost chocked, I slowly gulped the cake down my throat and thought of an excuse. I ain't gonna tell him that his good looks, that looks too good, is what that's making me nervous.

"Oh I mean, you're a busy working man and you suddenly coming here and leaving work, not that I don't want you coming here whenever you want, I mean you're welcome anytime, everyone's welcome of course, it's just that you could've sent someone for coffee or anything and also your dad didn't stopped by this week like he always does so I thought that did the cake tasted bad or-" "Crystal" he stopped my rambling and smirked.

I blushed and looked away. He slowly leaned forward, with arms crossed, looking right into my eyes, "I'll always make time for you, no matter how much of a 'busy working man' I am. I'll be here more often now. I don't send anyone out to buy me coffee because we have a coffee machine every floor and as for my dad" , he stood up, took my half bitten cupcake from MY HANDS, leaned forward and whispered, "is sick".

He straightened himself, started to walk away but turned back around as he was about to walk out the door, "I'll see you soon Crystal" as he bit into the cupcake, which was mine in case you forgot, winked at me and left.

I was still sitting down, breathing heavily and was still processing what the fuck just happened.

"Damn Girl" Rita exhaled while Chase's jaw hit the floor.

"Yeah... That's...damn!"

--------------------------------------------------

Song:- Adore You By Harry Styles

Double update peeps
Enjoyyyyy ❤️