Chapter 7

"I think I lost myself I think I lost it all
You know it's true I've been thinking about you"

Alex's POV

Crystal. I can't help but keep thinking about the way she said her name as she introduced herself. She's stuck in my head. I'm easily distracted, usually I'm all focused and in the present but now it's feels wrong if I don't think of her.

"What are you smiling at?" my dad said approaching me. My eyes widened as I brushed it off, "oh nothing dad, just excited that's all", I didn't completely lie though. The surprise I got for mom is gonna be the star tonight.

"Okayyy well, it's time for the cake and Blake's getting really impatient." , "Of course he is, he's Blake the foodie after all" we both laughed , walking towards the center of the hall. As we reached we saw mom, smiling wide, looking like a queen she is.

Then I saw Blake, looking irritated and when he saw me he mouthed 'im hungry' . I laughed and announced that it's time for some cake. Everyone gathered around the center table as the staff bought the beautiful chocolate cake. My mom awed at the sight .

"Aww honey this is beautiful, thank you so much" she hugged dad's side and look at him with so much love. Even after all this years, their love never faded once. They looked at each other like there's no one else in the room.

I wish I had this with someone special. Crystal. I blushed so hard when I thought that and looked around to see if someone saw that or not, luckily no one did. I sighed in relief.

"Okay , can you guys cut the cake already?" Blake said, snapping mom and dad back into reality as they both blushed and everyone laughed. "Sure Blake" mom laughed and held dad's hand as she cute the cake. "Finally!!!" Blake yelled happily and everyone cheered. I laughed at my stupid best friend.

And I swear I heard Crystal's giggle. I'm going insane. I shook my head and clapped my hands to get everyone's attention, specially Blake's, who got the signal and left the room...with a new slice of cake.
"Okay everyone, thank you so much for attending and make my mom's special day more special. We appreciate the effort. And mom," I turned towards her, grabbed her hands and pulled her towards the center and continued, "as I said that there's. Surprise we arranged for you. It's here. Are you ready?" I asked while looking at her as I glanced behind her, where the 'surprise' stood.

"Honey this is enough, I don't want anything else" my mom said, her voice cracking a bit. "Don't cry yet mom, and you deserve all the love. Happy birthday" I whispered as I turned her around.

She gasped. "Mikey?" , "Hey big sis,missed me?", "Oh Mikey come here" she hugged him as she cried. Happy tears of course. "Of course I missed you, but how did you got the time to visit?", "I missed you too and I got a little break earlier for Christmas so I contacted Alex and he planned all this" Mike said.

"My dear Lex, thank you so much love" she said while hugging me. "As I said Mom, you deserve every happiness in the world, now c'mon stop the tears, I know you both have alot to catch up on", she smiled at me and walked away with Mike and Dad.

"Mike is my uncle, mom's younger brother who's in army. It's been 3 years since they met last. They both sent each other letter and finally he got a break and this was the only chance we had.

Now seeing everyone happy, I felt good.
"Damn the food is soooo good" Blake groaned in happiness, walking towards me. "Already ate without me?" I pouted this time. He scoffed, "How could you even think that? I ate half the menu, the other half we'll eat together." ,I blinked "and you ain't full enough?", "Dude c'mon"
We laughed and somehow my mind went back to Crystal.

--------------------------------------------------

Song:- Thinking About You By Cospe

Don't forget to vote peeps
Enjoy ♥️