Chapter 8

"Is there a place where I can hide away?
Red lips, French-kiss my worries all away
There must be a sweeter place
We can sugarcoat the taste
Sweeter place
There must be a sweeter"

Alex's POV

A week. It's been a whole week since I saw Crystal. There's so much work this week. Tons of meetings, travellings and more. It's like I've no time to sit for atleast 20 seconds.
It was now afternoon, and I'm in my office going through the emails and attending calls.

Is it weird if I say that I miss her? And we only met once. I sighed as I looked out the window. What did you do to me Crystal?
Enough! I really need to see her. Now.

"Hey Anna! I'm going out for a bit, so you're in charge till then" I said to my P.A as I rushed to the car and drove off without even listening what she said. It doesn't matter cause she'll do what I say, I mean, there are rumors that she's into me or something. Weird.

As I was on my way I thought about Crystal. And why I was feeling the way I'm feeling. It's been years since my last relationship. And after what happened, I told myself that I wouldn't be in any relationships no matter what. I can't hurt anyone or I can't see them leaving me after they gets to know about him. Because it hurts. Both, hurting them and them leaving me, hurts. I, sometimes, still can hear their screams.

I sighed. But Crystal. I can't stop myself. My feelings. I can't control my heart when my mind agrees with it. There's something about her that lit the long lost flame in me.
I need to start my medications. For her. I thought as I stopped my car in front of the bakery and got out.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Crystal's POV

I'm covered in powered sugar as Rita and Chase laughed. I stood there in shock with my mouth open. What happened was, I wanted to try and bake the famous cherry shortcake that my granny used to bake, without the recipe. Cause she passed away before she could reveal it. Rip Granny.

So I calculated the ingredients in my head and got a little too excited and rushed to the kitchen and started grabbing the things I needed. And as I was making the battering the mixture, I added the powdered sugar and instead of keeping it on low speed, it was in high.
And well, the next thing I knew, I was covered in sugar. How sweet.

"Oh my sweet Crystal, you're so adorable" Chase said, adding the pun. Rita was still laughing her heart out. Almost falling.
I groaned "atleast help me clean it?", "Yeah sure, oh that was fun!", Rita replied as she finally stopped laughing. She and Chase started to clean the mess up.
"I'm going to grab my bag, I have extra clothes, for any situations like this, and some make up wipes" I walked away.

"Hi Crystal" said a voice. I jumped and almost screamed but held it in. I slowly turned around and saw Alex standing there smiling, staring at me with amusement in his eyes. And I was so lost on how handsome he was looking in that suit.

Then my eyes widened as I remembered how looked. I looked away and laughed nervously before clearing my throat, mumbling "Hey Alex".
"Hey Crystal" he said again. I gulped and said "give me a second, I'll be back. Take a seat please."   "Sure Crystal" he smiled. Still amused. STOP SAYING MY NAME! I internally screamed at him, cause if he says my name again, my knees will give up.
"Thanks" I said, quickly grabbing my bag and rushing out, almost tripping.

Sure I heard a small laugh and my cheeks went red in embarrassment.

--------------------------------------------------

Song:- A Sweeter Place by Selena Gomez

I'm backkkkk! Yayyy
Okay don't forget to vote and comment
And should I do some QOTD? Lmk
Enjoyyyyy❤️