Chapter 16

"Whatever it takes
'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins
I do whatever it takes
'Cause I love how it feels when I break the chains"

Crystal's POV

As I was being awfully quiet I felt Rita and Chase's stare but I didn't turned around. 

I was in the bakery, mixing the batter with my headphones on as I played some songs. Even though my favorite songs were playing, I couldn't concentrate.
My mind kept going back to that day, that situation.

My oldest uncle had the same condition. Suddenly he will be all happy and the next he would throw and break things out of anger.

When I was younger, like 10 or so, me and my parents were visiting him on his birthday, I made him a handmade birthday card and when I gave it to him, he started crying out of happiness, then suddenly he scoffed and said it was stupid and walked away throwing the card on the ground.
Well, you can say that was my first heartbreak.

I was familiar with what Happened with Alex now.
Am I though? I'm not confirmed. What if it was just one of his mood swings? Should I ask him? What if it happens again? Who should I ask?

I froze as I got an idea. I quickly poured the batter into the molds and put it in the oven, stopped the music, took my headphones off, dialled his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello Crystal" , damn his stupid sexy voice.

"Hey Alex , I was thinking....." I trailed off , doubting if it's a good idea or not.

"About what darling?" I swear this guy will be the death of me.

"Well, I was thinking about inviting you , you parents for dinner tonight. If it's possible and not too late? You can invite Blake too if you want, Rita and Chase would be there too. Or it can be only with you and your parents and mine? Whatcha say?" I took a breath after my ramble.

He wasn't saying anything, it was just....his breathing. As I was about to say something he spoke up,

"It's done, we're free, Blake will be there too and sorry I wasn't replying, I was emailing my dad about your invitation and he said he and Mom can and about Blake, well he'll leave literally anything for food." He finished with a chuckle.

I was speechless for a moment. He mailed his dad and informed him about the diner while I was still speaking, wow.

"That's amazing! I'll wait for you all, oh also it's at 9ish? Sounds good?"

"It's perfect Crystal, see you soon"

"I will" and we hung up. I turned towards Rita and Chase, who never took their eyes off of me, "Dinner?" and they just nodded awkwardly.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"When will they arrive sweety?" My mom asked as she cooked her speciality, beef rolls. They're amazing by the way.

"About 9, it's only 4 now. We've got time" I said while cutting up the strawberries for the tart I'm gonna bake.
My dad went out to buy some wine.

We as in me Rita and Chase closed the bakery right after the call I had with Alex and came home. When I reached here I said mom and dad about the dinner and they were in a panic mode for a quite long time.