Chapter 10

"I take prescriptions to make me feel a-okay
I know it's all in my head
I have these lucid dreams where I can't move a thing"

Alex's POV

"Happy birthday Crystal" I said while carrying the cake I baked. Crystal looked up to me and covered her mouth in shock and happiness. "Oh Alex! You didn't had to!" , "Of course I do, it's your birthday, and this is my first time baking so don't judge", I playfully nudged her and placed the red velvet cake in front of her , on the table.

She giggled, "it looks perfect, it'll taste great for sure" she smiled.
"Where are the candles?" She asked.
"Oh right,almost forgot the knife too" I said, blushing a little.
She laughed. "If you keep laughing I won't give you the special gift I got you", she stopped laughing and looked at me with confusion written all over her face.

"Gift?", "Yep" I replied with a smirk. "What gift? Alex, I really don't want anything else. You baking a cake for the first time,for me it's more than enough" she gave out a small chuckle, I rolled my eyes, giving a smile.

"My sweet little Crystal, it's your birthday! If I could, I can though, give you literally anything your heart desires, just name it. Now wait here and let me go get the gift" I walked away.

Suddenly everything went dark when I entered the kitchen. I couldn't see a thing. Nothing at all. It was pitch black. Then out of no where I heard a high pitched scream and a painful groan. And right at that moment the lights came on again.

In front of me, was Crystal, on the ground, holding her stomach. At that moment I noticed blood oozing out from her lower stomach. She was injured, like someone stabbed her.

She was sobbing and groaning in pain. "Why?" She whispered. I was confused and then I realized I was holding something.
The knife. The knife with the blood dripping down.

I dropped the knife and looked at her. She was losing consciousness and groaned again.i was in shock, I couldn't do anything. I took a step forward towards her, "Crystal!" I whispered, my eyes widened. "Oh my goodness, I-" , "don't" she cut me off.
"Don't come near me, why would you do that Adrienne?"

My eyes shot open as I yelled "No! Crystal! It wasn't me, come back! I'm sorry!" I sat up, sweating. I can't stop screaming until my mom and dad burst into my room.
My mom ran towards me and hugged me. I was breathing heavily,shivering and sweating.

"Alex calm down, breathe honey, I'm right here, you'll be okay" I calmed down a bit and I started sobbing , holding her closer. My dad say beside me and patted my back.
"He's back isn't he mom? He's gonna hurt you and dad again!" I mumbled. "He's not gonna hurt us son, don't worry" my dad said rubbing my back.

I groaned and stood up. "He will hurt you! Both of you! Don't you remember what happened the last time?" I yelled pacing back and forth.

My mom stood up and stopped me. She held my hand in one of hers and placed another one on my cheek, "It's going to be okay love. It's not your fault. It was never your fault this happened" she said softly.

I sighed, "I'll start my medications again. I thought that, that he's not gonna return after that incident, he stopped appearing for almost 3 years, so I stopped my medications too" I sighed again "I shouldn't have" I whispered.

"It was a dream Lex, a nightmare. It's okay" my dad said standing up from the bed. "Yes, he's right. Now go back to sleep Lex, it's late and you've to be up early for the meeting" mom said letting go of my cheek.

I nodded and said good night to them, my mom kissed my forehead and my dad gave me a bear hug, making me laugh a bit, and left the room.

As I layer down, there was a knock on the door, my m poked her head inside my room and gave me a smirk, "You're gonna spill the tea about this 'Crystal' girl tomorrow. Goodnight!"
I blushed hard the moment she left.

I thought of her and fell asleep with a small smile on my face.
I just hope I dont hurt her.

--------------------------------------------------

Song:- Lucid Dreams By Juice World

Triple update? Hell yeah

Whatcha think about Adrienne?
Lmk
Enjoyyyyy ❤️