43

My heavy eye lids opened up to see a bright light. I blinked a few times to see a hospital room.

"Ricardo?" I called out as he sat next to me.

"Shh. It's okay. I'll be right back."

He left the room, and returned with the doctor who checked me.

"She'll be ready to go home next week." They doctor said as he wrote on his note pad.

"She'll be going home today." Ricardo assertively put in as he stood next to my bed.

"Sir, we can't allow that. We need to closely monitor the baby so this doesn't happen again."

"She'll be coming home today, and that's final doc. We've got a doctor at home who can monitor her."

"I can't allow that."

"Yes you can." He clenched his fists and gave a deadly glare, as the doctor tried to not be afraid.

"I need proper paperwork to allow that to happen."

"You WILL allow that to happen regardless. Or so help me I will close down this entire hospital." He threatened.

The doctor sighed before nodding his head and leaving.

"Control your temper Ricardo." I said as I sat up.

"Where are you going?" He asked as I tried to get off of the bed.

"I don't need this, I'm okay." I said as I tried to rip off the IV.

"Get the fuck back to bed Ariel." He ran his hand through his hair.

"Don't forget who I am Ricardo." I pointed my finger before he grabbed my hips and forced me back to bed.

"Don't push my buttons Ariel, I only got you back. I won't lose you again."

I sighed and sat back.

***

Ricardo took me home, and I rested in his bedroom.

He got his doctor to monitor the baby, who did scans on me every hour.

Finally, I rested enough and was better the next day.

Apparently I did too much exercise and wasn't allowed to do any extra physical work anymore.

I went downstairs to see my family sitting on the couch, worried.

Their faces lit up as I entered the room.

"Are you better now?" My aunt asked as she patted my belly.

"Don't worry, I'm good." I walked into the kitchen, and looked out the window to see Ricardo having a serious conversation with Antonio.

I walked outside, and leaned my head behind his shoulder as he grabbed my waist.

"You okay?" I asked, and he nodded his head.

"I just got told that it's not safe for us to have a big wedding."

"Who cares? As long as I'm married to you, you madman."

"Speaking of."

He walked in front of me, and went down on one knee.

"Ariel Black. Will you do the honour of being my wife? To embrace your mood swings and to let me take care of you forever?"

I chuckled as his cheesiness, and he opened a ring box to reveal an expensive looking diamond ring. The ring twinkled under the sunshine.

"Yes!" He stood up and I leaped into his arms, snuggling my face into his neck.

I couldn't get close enough to him because my bump was in the middle, but I squeezed him tightly.

He put the beautiful ring on my finger, and it fit perfectly.

He placed one hand on my waist and the other entangled in my hair, and pushed his lips against mine.

Our tongues enjoined and our lips connected for what felt like eternity, until I heard a cheer.

We stopped and turned around to see mine and Ricardo's family cheering and clapping in a big crowd.

My cheeks flushed red, realising they had seen and heard everything.

"That was beautiful." Irina said dramatically as she pretended to wipe a tear away.

My aunt and uncle walked up me.

"He does take care of you, right?" My aunt asked with worry.

"He takes care of me more than anyone else could." I reassured her, and noticed Ricardo standing awkwardly in the back.

"They won't bite, you know?"

"I'm not scared." He tried to act brave and lifted his chin.

"Hmm, sure." I rolled my eyes and tugged him forward.

***Ricardo***

"Son?" Chase Black took me aside. "I'm sorry for all that's happened between us, and I hope we can start all over again."

I smiled slightly and nodded.

"I'd like that."

——————————————————————————-
Thank you for 33k reads! I love you all 💕

I'm sad to say that we're getting towards the end, but I'll keep the story alive somehow!

Remember to vote and comment 💕💕💕