04 | escaping the hellhole

CHAPTER FOUR

jeongguk waited until 3am.

when he was positive that he had heard taehyung's bedroom door click shut at midnight, and then patiently waited until he was absolutely sure that the older male was deep asleep.

he never unpacked his bag, just shoving it under the bed of the guestroom taehyung had offered him.

the ravenette carefully pulled it out, wanting to be as quiet as possible. thanks so taehyung's re-packing earlier, jeongguk now was missing his beloved life-killing essentials and his money.

it was going to make running away difficult, but he would rather be out in the world on his own than stay here.

somewhere deep within him, there was a small seed of fear that taehyung had planted in him. the older male intimidated him, especially with his stunt from earlier and all those ridiculous rules he demanded that the younger follow.

jeongguk thought he must be insane. or just maybe really bad at his job, does he really think that the teen is just gonna stay put in this shithole? well, it wasn't physically a shithole, but you get what he means.

he slowly twisted his door open, almost expecting it to be locked, but surprisingly it glided open effortlessly.

the silence in the apartment was suffocating.

it was pitch black, jeongguk was unsure of how he was going to navigate around the unfamiliar room, and turning the lights on was out of the question.

he used his senses, taking small secure steps every time as his hands guided him forward.

all that was heard throughout the deadly silent black room was the soft ticking of the kitchen clock. the sound was faint, but in the deafening emptiness, it was all jeongguk heard.

his head turned to the direction that he thought taehyung's room was in, swearing that he heard some sort of shuffling movement. probably taehyung turning on his bed. but it could be his mind playing tricks on him.

the teen continued forward, so far making it swiftly almost half-way through the room- he thinks. it was so dark he couldn't even see the other side.

he debated using his phone flashlight, but it was so strong that he feared taehyung spotting it through his doorframe.

the ticking of the clock got louder.

no wait, that wasn't the clock. it was the beat of his own heart.

jeongguk placed a shaky hand over his chest, feeling the organ bumping against his ribcage with every pump. the beat matched up with the ticking of the clock, creating some sort of symphony that jeongguk was sure taehyung could hear, because it sounded all like screaming to him.

the shrilling melody terrified him.

why was he so afraid? one day with this man and he had already become a wimp.

yeah, jeongguk wouldn't put up with this. he'd rather drop dead than spend another minute in this place. the darkness that surrounded him was becoming too much, the boy didn't even know where the walls were.

suddenly he felt like he was being swallowed whole, the empty void around him had consumed him, leaving him in a space of... nothing.

jeongguk's heartbeat fell out of rhythm, the pace had now become erratic, out of tune with the clock ticking. the two sounds chasing after each other, far from any sort of balance. it was off. everything was off. something wasn't right.

but jeon jeongguk was no pussy. on the contrary, he had a dick and he lived up to it, quite well actually.

jeongguk was no pussy, but he was definitely a dick.

with that reassurance, he strode further, walking forward into the nothingness with confident, yet shaky, steps.

his grip around his bag strap tightened, keeping the duffle close to him as he was afraid it would perhaps knock into some furniture he couldn't see.

for some reason jeongguk felt that he was close, the presence of the front door neared him and it made him give out a breath of sweet relief. his arm stretched out, to hopefully grasp onto the cold surface of the wooden door, but once he let go of his bag strap the duffle slipped down his shoulder and fell on the floor with a heavy thud.

fuck.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

it was so loud, the sound was everywhere in the room, bouncing off the now-visible walls that somehow jeongguk could now see.

oh, it was because there was a soft yellow light illuminating behind taehyung's room that peeked through the doorframe.

wait.

there was light coming from taehyung's room.

...

taehyung had switched the light on.

jeongguk's heart stopped. the beating ceased. now only the clock was performing a solo with its steady ticking.

the teen's doe eyes watched in horror as the door handle to the older's room turned, slowly falling downwards that the mere seconds felt like whole centuries passing by.

as if fight or flight mode kicked into jeongguk's brain, the younger grasped around the doorknob, bursting it open and not sparing a second glance at whatever was behind him.

and then he fucking ran.

not brave enough to wait for the elevator to take it's sweet time to arrive at the top floor, he opted for the stairs. the poor boy was rushing down the steps so fast that he nearly tripped and fell numerous times, clutching onto the railing for dear life to save him from face plummeting.

god, why did this guy have to live on the top floor?!

the only thing that made jeongguk feel a little better was that he didn't hear anyone come after him, only his own frantic footsteps echoed throughout the never-ending looping staircase.

he finally reached the ground floor, pressing open the safety exit with his body weight and stumbling out.

his head whipped up, he hadn't been here before, they had taken the elevator from the garage before. his eyes frantically searched for the exit, the way out form this hellhole.

he spotted it, it was hidden between all the large glass windows as a large glass door.

he sprinted towards it, nearly yelling out in pure joy and victory when he saw that it was unlocked from the inside.

with a firm push, the two doors slide open, pushing back to reveal sweet freedom to the younger, the cold night air hit him in a breeze and it just made his smile grow.

but jeongguk only made it about two steps out of the building until he felt someone powerfully yank him backwards by his hoodie.

jeongguk choked at the sudden pressure on his airways.

"you really thought," his voice was so much darker, stronger, more powerful than before. as if some type of darkness had possessed him to drop his tone about two octaves lower, full of something so... sinister.

"that you could escape me?"

end of 04

lol idk wut to say also this story is sorta trash srry