17 | it's locked for a reason

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

to jeongguk's surprise, his bedroom door actually opened after he woke up in the morning.

taehyung wasn't anywhere to be seen.

with a grumbling stomach, the teen slipped out the door and with bare feet padding against the marble floor into the open kitchen.

there was a note on the counter.

i have work. i left you some study material on your desk. learn it. i'll be testing you when i'm back. and do not go into my room.

the young boy sighed and put the note back down.

study?

he reluctantly trudged to the fridge and opened it, a bright smile on his lips when he spots the porridge that taehyung had prepared for him earlier and wrapped up in a bowl.

the teen happily ate on the meal that had been mixed with savorous fruits.

nobody had ever made him breakfast before. not even his maids, his family never welcomed him on the breakfast table so he'd just grab whatever from the kitchen and leave.

it was nice. it felt like someone was taking care of him.

he brought the bowl into his room and took a quick look at the stack of papers taehyung had piled up for him on his desk. there was a pen and a few other tools neatly put in place as well. jeongguk scowled.

he bit his lip and sat down, putting the bowl aside and picking up the first paper.

history?

jeongguk leaned back in his chair and huffed. history meant paying attention in class, which he never did. he mumbled a few curses under his breath and opened up his computer.

and he worked.

jeongguk actually studied.

he burned through half the stack, probably not answering every question in finest detail but still, he worked hard.

it wasn't until he got to the math worksheets that he stopped because he needed a calculator. 

he searched his room, but despite having a good look he couldn't find one. then he went out into the living room and everywhere to see if he could get his hands on one.

nothing.

the teen huffed in frustration.

what now? 

if he didn't get the work done, then taehyung was going to get mad, yet again.

jeongguk would like to go by one day, at least, with no punishment. he wants the older to be proud of him.

with that thought in mind, his eyes slowly drifted onto the door of taehyung's room, nervously chewing on his lower lip.

taehyung said not to go in there.

relax, he'd never know.

b-but he even underlined the NOT in the "do not go in my room"

yeah but i don't feel like getting spanked again.

but taehyung–

oh fuck it.

jeongguk took a deep breath and stumbled into the older's room, eyes quickly scanning the area.

it was... a total mess.

paper was scattered everywhere. clothes were thrown left and right. bedsheets messy and crumpled. frames and other items knocked off of their shelves and some pieces of glass were broken on the floor.

what the fuck?

maybe he didn't want me to go in here to see how much of a shithole this is.

jeongguk stepped over all the piles of clothing and other things by taking big steps until he reached a big closed closet. 

suddenly, jeongguk forgot what he was looking for.

yet his hands still reached out, small dainty pale fingers wrapping themselves around the knob and pulling it open. the two big doors opening up as jeongguk pulls them apart, eyes soon blowing up wide.

he stood there, completely speechless.

but the loud pounding of his pulse thumping of his ear drowned out the silence

 along the lines of the vintage, dark, wood was nails spiked in to carry the heavy black sleek metal of at least thirty different guns.

guns with short barrels, long barrels, small bullets, big bullets, straights grips, angled grips, big round cylinders or short deadly ones.

and they all had a trigger.

jeongguk was completely still.

why does taehyung have so many guns?

it has occurred to jeongguk that taehyung was no ordinary man. but what does one do with so many weapons? what possible could he use them for?

to kill.

"you never listen to me, do you?" jeongguk nearly screams at the sudden voice that breaks him out of his trance, head snapping to the doorway where the man stood. the teen gulped, hands shaking as they still clutched onto the sides of the cupboard door. 

taehyung looks pissed.

his eyes a pitch-black, swirling with a deadly look.

but that's not what makes jeongguk's heart erratically beat in complete fear.

kim taehyung was covered, and dripping with blood.

end of 17

yes, jeongguk was talking to himself lol

sorry its short, school be doin me dirty