08 | smoking kills

CHAPTER EIGHT

jeongguk was so bored. there was only one period of class left before the bell rang but he couldn't stand it anymore.

god, teenagers were so boring.

all they did was just sit around together and talk shit. jeongguk seriously had better things to do than comment on heather's awful new hairdo, or how mrs williams was being a total bitch during today's history lesson, or discuss how kevin was caught watching porn when he forgot to lower the volume on one of his old tabs.

like, come on. they were all horny teenagers for fucks sake, who wasn't watching porn?

he was so done. done with all these boys and girls who thought they were the absolute shit when they all were just so fucking annoying that jeongguk couldn't stand it anymore. he cringed at the teacher's pet when she offered to erase the writing on the board being the total angel that she is. jeongguk hated teacher's pets, because he hated the teachers themselves.

fucking adults who thought they had the power to control him.

he had enough of that shit at home. his father always on his back for every single thing. like a hand constantly wrapped around his throat, tightly choking him, not letting him fucking breathe.

that's what it felt like being jeon jeongguk. caged and silenced.

and his father could get away with everything. every other adult in jeongguk's life knew exactly how his father treated him. they all knew and did nothing.

yet they expect him to still carry some sort of respect for them?

hah. respect.

something jeongguk was no longer capable of.

he'd ignore old elderly in need of help. walk by the homeless on the street. leave a kid crying in the middle of a park. and just didn't care– didn't give a single fuck.

not only was he disrespectful. he was someone with no empathy, or sympathy, or anything for that matter. the time he'd only care about something, is when it concerned himself.

emotion would only evoke whenever he would get affected.

he was downright selfish.

so no, he could no longer deal with all these annoying teens who were so desperately trying to befriend him. a girl would blush profoundly if he asked them for a pencil, a boy would start to stutter and mumble when they tried asking jeongguk if he wanted to join them for a smoke, girls would ask to tag along as well– just to be seen with the badboy himself.

it was pathetic.

how they all practically chased after his attention, his affection. they all wanted it, reaching out their arms and trying so hard to feel it at their fingertips.

all jeongguk needed to do was shrug, a bored expression on his face, and reply with a 'i don't care' and they were all at his feet.

so pathetic.

he really had enough. adults treating him like their property and people his age treating him like their god.

wasn't he just human? wasn't he just jeongguk?

wasn't he just trash?

whatever, he's had enough. so with his hands tucked into the front pocket of his sweatpants, he was trotting down the steps that lead to his school with a lit cigarette resting between his lips.