Popcorn is Heaven!

Sam still hasn't left my back since the whole "hot dude" incident. We were walking back to my room as I recalled what happened earlier with Sky.

After lunch, we walked together dropping ourselves in front of our classes till it was Sky and I left. I was about to enter my class when he grabbed my arm. I looked back at him expectantly but he just kept looking at me. I cleared my throat before he snapped out of his trance and let go of my hand. "I just wanted to remind you about our Art assignment... remember? Paint about what makes you sad. It's due for next week". With that, he turned and walked away.

I snapped back to reality. Sam was still talking about a game that Blake and his friends were playing on Friday. "You guys have to go because I have to go and I can't go alone", she whined. Jess sighed, "For the third time Sam, we are going!". I just laughed before three figures blocked our path. From the shoes I could already tell it was Mabel and her minions. I mean who wears heels on a Tuesday? Certainly these bitches. "Well if it isn't the leech and her friends", Mabel snarled at me and I did the same. "Listen here you leech! I warned you to stay away from Blake and I'm warning you for the last time, stay away from my boyfriend!". Sam burst into laughter beside me, "Your what?". She continued laughing before she finally cleared her throat, "Sis you're delusional. Blake's done with you". Mabel snapped at her defensively, "You don't know that!". Sam smirked, "Trust me, I do". She smiled and pulled Jess and I along with her.

We slammed the door to my room before we finally burst into laughter. Sam started mimicking Mabel which increased our laughter. After 5 minutes, we finally stopped crying and laughing. The seniors weren't around so we decided to make ourselves comfortable before Jess pulled out her laptop and we decided to watch our series. Legacies! Sam doesn't watch series so instead of being quiet and letting us enjoy it, she kept poking us and throwing snarky comments here and there about all the characters. Sam kept nudging me before I finally looked at her, "Whattt?!?". She leaned into me and smiled, "So my brother huh?". Oh God... "What about him?" "Do you like him?" She smiled teasingly. "Of course not, I have a boyfriend". I wasn't talking to Noah right now doesn't mean we aren't still dating. If I go ahead and do something with Blake, it'll just prove Noah right. Just then, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and my mum's face popped out on the screen. Oh boy. I quickly accepted the call and put it to my ear. "Oh so you go away from home and decide to forget about your mother right?" Here we go. "Well technically  you sent me away". Jess and Sam were snickering in the background and making faces at me. "Is that how you talk to me young lady?". Sam made a face and I started laughing, "Are you laughing at me Rue?" Jess then put a finger on Sam's mouth so she wouldn't make noise with her laughter. "No mum, I'm sorry. It's my friends. Actually, I've been meaning to call you but I've been busy with school work" "Ah I see. School is now more important than your mother" "Mummm you know that's not what I meant!" "Fine fine. Just try to call me often. We miss you, you know". "We?" Just then I heard that annoying voice that I so do not miss. "We mum? Speak for yourself. I'm happy she's gone. I've got the food to myself now". Sam and Jess kept laughing while I heard my mum scold Jordan in the background. She gave the phone to Jordan who grudgingly mumbled a hello. I laughed, "you could at least sound excited to hear my voice" "Eww I've heard it for 15 years! Why would I want to hear more?" I rolled my eyes. We kept talking for a while before he finally hung up. Sam had already left but not without whispering goodnight and blowing me kisses. I stretched before going to bathroom to brush my teeth. I come out and see Jess smiling at her phone. I decided to tease her, "Jace?". She quickly looked up in shock. "Why would you think that?" She was blushing. Okayyy. I walked up to her and she tried to run away but I quickly tackled her and took her phone. She was staring at a picture of her and Jace. They were a lot younger here and they looked really cute together. "Aww this is so cute! You guys look great". She quickly snatched the phone away from me, smiling sheepishly. I hugged her tightly. "It's alrightt. Does he know?" She shook her head silently. "Well I think he likes you too." "But he's with Miranda", she sighs sadly. I felt sad for both of them. They clearly have feelings for each other but they're both in denial. Jess cleared her throat and leaned on me, "So the hot dude..". You have got to be kidding me!

The week flew by and before I knew it, it was Friday and we were all in my room dressing up for the game. The guys decided to go earlier and save our seats. Jess was wearing a Lakers hoodie and black jeans with sneakers. Sam was in one of Blake's jerseys with a blue bandana tied around her head. I was in a simple hoodie and black jeans with my vans. We decided not to put any makeup because we might end up sweating from the heat of the court. "Okay guys, let's go before Blake kills me". We laughed and hurriedly left the room.

The entire court was full. We had to squeeze our way through to get to the front to meet the guys. We got front seats thanks to Sam. We settled in our seats just as the game was about to start. Jeff quickly shot out of his seat leaving us all puzzled. He came back with six packs of popcorn and we all started laughing. After sharing it, he sat down happily eating his popcorn. He turned and smiled sheepishly, "What? Popcorn is heaven. No jokes". He turned back and faced his popcorn just as they blew the whistle. It started with the cheerleaders performing a stunt while Jess and I excitedly clapped for Liza and Kesha, who were also performing. After their performance, the guys ran into the court looking dashingly handsome. A certain male at the front of the line caught my attention. He kept searching the crowd till he finally caught my eyes and smiled widely. That was when I realized that I had been staring. I caught myself and smiled sheepishly before Sam and Jess started squealing and wiggling their eyebrows at me.

The game went well and our guys won. They decided to celebrate by going to the famous ice-cream parlor. I wasn't in the mood but Sam forced us to go. The celebration was just for the team but we were allowed because Sam is Blake's sister and we are her friends. We were all seated, the guys were arguing which flavour was better between vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. Jess and the guys were talking about something and laughing hysterically, except Sky who just licked his ice-cream in silence. Sam was nowhere to be found and now that I just realized, so was Tyler. They were probably together somewhere, I smiled at the thought. Then I heard his laugh and turned towards the source. There he was, in the centre of his teammates. He was dashingly handsome with his hazel eyes and very messy chocolate brown hair, a clear contrast to Sam's blond hair. He caught me staring and looked at me intently before standing up and walking towards me. All his guys made cheering sounds which he brushed off before smiling down at me. "Hey". I smiled back, "Hey. Congratulations! You did really well." He touched his heart and said, "That's the only congratulations that got to my heart. I'll cherish that". I blushed profusely before pulling at my hoodie. "Are you okay?" "I'm just a bit hot, this place is kind of crowded and there's little air". He held my shoulder, "Are you claustrophobic?". I nodded shyly. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up. "No you can't leave! This is your celebration. You can't leave your friends". He just smiled back at me in amusement and kept dragging me, "Don't worry, the guys would be okay without me. Come on. Let's just get a little air". I finally gave up and nodded. Immediately we got outside, I was greeted with a gush of wind and I was very relieved that we came out. That was till I noticed Sam and Tyler making out in a corner. I looked at Blake to see that he hadn't noticed them yet. I quickly started dragging him inside, "Blake, it's so cold. Let's go back in". He looked at me startled, "I thought you wanted to catch some fresh air". He tried turning around but I brought his face down to mine and stared at him straight in the eyes, "Blake, I'm suddenly feeling very cold so please let's go inside". He kept staring at me, his gaze flickering to my lips and back to my eyes. "Um Blake?". He blinked furiously before clearing his throat. "Okay, let's go back in". He took my hands and followed me back inside. Phew! That was close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yikes! That was a close call. Would Blake eventually find out? And how do you think he would react to it?