Not Cool Bro

The guys were better now. The coach didn't stress them as much anymore but Jace was still going through stuff. He and Miranda's relationship was rocky at the moment. They started fighting more often than usual. At first, Miranda was pissed that Jace didn't call her that night after practice but he went straight to Jess and I don't actually blame her. She was starting to feel like a third wheel in her own relationship. Sometimes at lunch, Miranda would be trying to get Jace's attention but he would be trying to start a conversation with Jess and I don't think he does it intentionally, he just genuinely cares for Jess more. It was starting to take a toll on their relationship but none of them seemed to want to talk about it so we just decided to let them do it in their own time.

"We have to go to that party guys. It's Michael's party! Everyone that's everyone is going to be there!", Sam yelled at our faces as we kept texting on our phones. "Are you guys even listening to me?!", She yelled again. "God Sam destroy our ear drums would you!", Liza whined in her sleep. "Sorry", Sam mumbled shyly. "Come on guys", she whispered this time. "Sure whatever", we both said. Then we looked at each other and laughed while Sam was victory dancing.

"Okay so, rule number 1 no drinking, rule number 2 no grinding anyone you don't know, rule number 3 no..." "Okay Dad", Sam groaned as everyone laughed at Jace. Jace glared at Sam before continuing, "But seriously, I'm not going to babysit anyone of you. I'm already putting up with Miranda to handle anyone of you". He rubbed his hand on his head as he drove. "Someone's in a bad mood", I rolled my eyes which only received s jab from Jess and a glare for Jace. Jeff wasn't even paying attention to any one of us. His mind was on the video game he was playing. "I hope you heard me Jeff", Jace smacked the Beat by Drake out of his head. Jeff groaned and yelled, "Not cool bro!".

"I'm not getting drunk tonight. I'm going to be the most responsible one out of all of us tonight", Jess yelled proudly as we walked into the party. Literally 30 minutes later, "Rue, do you think I have a weird nose?". Jess was completely and utterly drunk. We sat by the bar as I took little sips and scanned everyone at the party. Sam had gone to look for Tyler, Jeff was playing video games outside, Jace was somewhere with Miranda and Jess was right here, poking her nose. "No you don't Jess. Your nose is fine", I said as I removed her hand from her nose.

Jace walked over to us with Miranda by his side. "Hey Rue", she smiled politely at me. "Hey", I smiled back. "Who are you? Omg you look like the least person I want to be with right now", Jess slurly said as she squinted her eyes at Miranda. I nudged Jess as I excused her to Miranda saying she was drunk. Jace suddenly looked annoyed, "She's drunk already? So much for making rules". "Is that Jace?", Jess squinted her eyes at Jace before holding his shoulder. "Jace! Guess what, I followed your rules. I didn't get drunk!", She smiled sweetly before nearly falling. Jace quickly let go of Miranda and caught Jess before I could. "I think I'm going to throw up", Jess covered her mouth. Jace groaned and put her arm over his shoulder as he helped her out of the chair. "I'll be back", he mumbled to Miranda who just nodded before he waved at me and left.

Miranda and I drank in silence till she finally spoke. "It sucks", she sighed. "What?", I said as I looked over to her. "It sucks knowing that you're number 2 in your own boyfriend's eyes". I suddenly felt bad for her. "Oh Miranda. It's not..." "It's okay Rue, you don't have to do that. I already know what it is. You know, from the beginning I already knew that Jace liked Jess but it was more of a crush that time. They were always together along with Jeff and Sam but everyone knew that no matter how much they called themselves "bestfriends", it was way more than that", she smiled at me and I smiled back sadly. "When Jace asked me out, I was very happy because I also liked him then and he knew it. I think he was looking for an escape from the feelings he knew he had for his bestfriend. I didn't care then, all that was on my mind was that I was dating the hottest guy in our set and I was okay with it", she took another sip from her drink. "Believe it or not, Jace is an amazing boyfriend. He has always been there for me and he has never made me regret dating him. He's sweet and very thoughtful but I always knew that a day would come when he won't be able to deny those feelings anymore and I won't be able to take it either", I could tell she was holding tears. Miranda is one of the sweetest people I know and I know Jace wasn't doing it intentionally but she deserves so much more. I stood up and hugged her really tightly, "Miranda, I'm sorry about all of this and I'm not going to tell you what to do but just know that you deserve so much more than being number 2". She hugged me back before mumbling thanks. Then she started laughing, "I'm such a cry baby". I started laughing as well. Then we changed the conversation and started talking about random stuff.

Then we heard a loud crash from the kitchen and yellings. We ran to the kitchen and I covered my mouth with my hands. Tyler was bent over the coffee table and he was bleeding from his jaw. Sam was crying profusely and trying to drag Blake away from hitting Tyler. "You were going out with my sister behind my back!", Blake shoved Tyler again. "We weren't going out Blake. Please stop!", She was trying to pull him but he kept pushing her away with one hand. Everyone was already crowded around the kitchen watching the scene. Blake picked up a bottle, probably to smash on Tyler's head but I quickly ran to block him. "Blake please stop", I held his hand as he turned his gaze to me. For a second, he seemed to relax but he stiffened again glaring at me. "You knew didn't you?". He pulled his hand away from mine like it stung. "You knew all along! You all knew and you made me look like a fool!"
"No Blake, it's not like that", I tried trying to reason with him but he wasn't listening. "Yes Rue. It is definitely like that. I can't believe you!". "Do not play the victim here Blake. Can't you stop and think about how Sam is feeling? Or how Tyler is feeling? They had to hide their feelings for each other because they didn't want to hurt you!", I snapped angrily. "Don't yell at me Rue", Blake snarled at me. I smirked, "but you get to yell at everyone however you like?". "Fuck this", he stormed out of the back door.

Sam ran up to me and hugged me tightly mumbling thanks. "Why are you thanking me? He's still pissed", I sighed. She just smiled sadly, "He'll come around". I smiled before glancing at Tyler then looking back at Sam, "Go take care of him. I'll be okay". She nodded before leaving to help Tyler up. I walked out of the party, I needed fresh air.

I kicked a stone as I walked down the block. "Have anywhere in particular you're going?", I screamed and turned around to see Sky. "You scared me", I said as I hit his arm. He just laughed and ruffled my hair, "Are you okay? You're hardly ever alone". I chuckled, "That's not true!". He shrugged, "Sure whatever. So what happened?". I sighed, "A lot of things actually. I don't even know where to start". "Do you want to talk it out over ice-cream?", He smiled at me. "You're being awfully sweet Skylar, I'm kinda scared", I said as I started walking backwards. He laughed and pulled me back to his side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blake finally found outttttt
I think we were all expecting that reaction, right?
He's coming from a good place believe me.

We're seeing another side to Skylar right now. Which side do you like more?
Grumpy Skylar or Smiley Skylar