5 guys, Evans?

Weeks have gone by and everything has been going smoothly. School is now up and running, tests are also rolling and everyone's rolling with it. I was packing my books to leave the library when someone passed by me and fell my books on the floor. I looked up meeting eye to eye with Mabel. "What do you want?", I snapped. "Oh nothing. Just checking in and reminding you that not everything is a bed of roses", she said smirking. "What are talking about?", I asked as I got up. She just smiled and ran her finger down my hair, "Thorns are on the way babygirl". That was all she said before walking off. I was slightly confused before I shook it off and headed to my meeting with Ryan.

Blake's birthday is coming up next week and Sam told me that Blake didn't celebrate last year because of the whole thing with Mabel. I was going to make it up to him this year. I spoke to the guys and decided to have a party. Speaking of location, Skylar mentioned that Ryan knew some guy who had a private club and said I could check it out. And that's where I'm headed now. Weirdly I felt like someone was following me.

I went to the address Ryan sent me and I spotted him standing in front of the building. "Hey, thanks for coming with me", I smiled as I approached him. "Yeah sure", he nodded as we walked in together, him holding the door.

The club was classy and very exquisite. I loved it immediately. There weren't lots of people here which is good. Tyler said Blake doesn't like things loud. We kept walking till we entered an inner room and stood in front of the manager's office. "Here goes nothing", Ryan said as we opened the door.

The meeting went well. Mainly because the owner is friends with Ryan. He let me use it for one night as long as nothing gets vandalized and we don't bring a large crowd of people. He even let me decorate it however I like. I was very happy. "Thanks for today, Ryan", I smiled up at him. He nodded smiling back, ruffling my hair. I smiled at the big brother figure I never had. As we walked back, my tummy growled. I hid my face in embarrassment as Ryan laughed, "You haven't had lunch?". I shook my head mentioning that I was too excited about the meeting. "Do you want us to grab something?", He asked. I looked down contemplating on what to answer then he nudged me lightly, "Come on. First of all, anyone who sees us will probably think I'm your brother. Secondly, we just left a meeting concerning your boyfriend's birthday party and lastly, you're Skylar's friend. Boundaries set. Can we have lunch now?". I smiled and nodded. I know that we weren't doing anything wrong but then why did I feel comfortable like someone was watching me? I glanced behind me before entering the restaurant with Ryan.

"So how was it?!", The girls asked excitedly as I walked in. "Jeez. Not even a welcome or how was your day?", I said dryly as I took off my shoes. Sam and Miranda had moved in after Blake's lunch with those girls. Of course I hated the plan but I'm happy that we're all roomies now. "Go straight to the point Rue!", Sam chuckled. "Fine", I said as I plumped into my bed. "We get to use the place!", I squealed and they all joined in excitedly. "I can't wait to get the party started!", Sam yelled.

The past few days went by in a blur. I met the event planner Miranda recommended. His name is Mark and apparently he's very experienced. We went to the club and he took in the place. We planned how I wanted everything set, the kind of food served and other stuff. He was very focused and I loved that.

Sam and I agreed that we needed to bake an extraordinary cake for Blake so one day when everyone was in the ice-cream parlor, I excused myself and went to back to see the baker. He demanded a lot for the design of the cake I wanted but it'll be worth it.

Later on, I met a fashion designer. Tyler gave me one of Blake's shirts which I gave the guy. I heard he's an expert so he's designing I and Blake's outfit. The theme of the party is a classy dinner setting. I mean Blake's turning 19, no time for boozing around anymore. He designed both our outfits. My gown is a wine fitted dress and Blake is wearing a black suit and pants and a wine shirt similar to mine. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees them.

And finally, Jace recommended a DJ to me. He's actually in my school. We met during classes one day and I told him the kind of songs we wanted and he was very nice to me because apparently he's a fan of Blake. Never have I ever been happy that my boyfriend is popular.

Everything happened in a blur and now it's a day before Blake's birthday. Everything is set and I'm so excited. I just left the club and I'm headed to Blake's apartment. I was so giddy and excited as I skipped to his place. When I got there, I knocked the door eager to see him but when the door opened, my smile went down. Blake opened the door and stalked back in. I followed him slowly with concern on my face. "is something wrong?", I asked him gently.

He spun around quickly, fuming at me, "I don't know Evans. Why don't you tell me?". My brows furrowed in confusion, "What are you talking about?". "You're going to play dumb? Really? Okay hold on, did I do something wrong?", He asked trying to stay calm. Tyler and Jack ran into the living room looking at both of us with worry. "No, of course not. Why would you think that?", My voice was starting to shake. What had I done?

"Then what the hell is this?", He snapped as he threw a brown paper on the floor in front of me. Tyler and Jack tried to move but Blake signalled for them to stay back. I picked up the paper with shaking hands and spilled the contents into my other hand. They were photos, 5 of them. I looked at them clearly to see that they were photos of when I met Ryan, the event planner, the DJ, caterer and fashion designer. What the hell? I knew someone was following me.

"Where did you get these?", I asked. He pulled them out of my hands and flung them on the floor. "5 guys Evans?", He countered back. "Did you get someone to follow me?", I asked gently. "Why the hell would I do that? Here I am, thinking about my girlfriend when I come home and meet these at the doorstep", he said not calming down anymore. Tyler picked up the photos and Jack glanced over his shoulder to see them. They were in on the plan so they obviously knew who the guys were. Tyler was going to speak but I shook my head at him. No one's ruining the surprise that I worked my ass for.

"It's not what it looks like", I said calmly. "Rue, who were those guys and what were you doing with them?", He asked glaring at me. "Blake it's honestly not...?", I started to say. "You even came out of a club with one of them! And then you went to a restaurant. Tell me what the hell is going on?", He asked pleadingly. "You know I won't do anything to hurt you", I said. "I know so please for my own sake, tell me who the fuck those dudes were", he said, his eyes pleading for me to answer him. "I can't", was all I say. There was pin drop silence before Blake broke it, "I don't want to see you right now". My eyes snapped up to look at his now dark hazel eyes but he looked away. Tyler and Jack looked like they wanted to spill everything but I shook my head again. Tyler cleared his throat and looked at Blake, "Dude do you really think...". "Of course I know she's not fucking all those dudes. I just want to know why she's hiding all of her whereabouts from me. Why?", Blake snapped. Jack butted in, "Bro, if she has a...". "You guys just fucking stay out of this!", He snapped at both of them before looking back at me. "I said I don't want to see you right now". I nodded and slowly walked out feeling his eyes boring a hole in my back.

I understand how Blake is feeling but I'm not going to ruin my surprise. He might be angry with me now but he won't stay angry after tomorrow, that's for sure. I just pray the guys don't mess it up.

I got to the room and told the girls what happened. They were upset at first but then we shrugged it off and started discussing about tomorrow evening. I can't bloody wait!

But deep down in my head, I kept thinking

"Who the hell was following me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~