Surprise!!!

The weekend came and left fast. It only consisted of our visits to the ice-cream parlor, me trying to figure out what to paint for my art assignment, more ice-cream parlor visits, staying in our rooms to read and last but not the least, more ice-cream parlor visits. Through all of that, I still hadn't figured out what to draw yet and the assignment was due for tomorrow.

We were sitting at our lunch table chit chatting. Miranda was at the table today and that put Jess in a really sour mood. Miranda was feeding Jace who looked very pleased with the food. Sam was trying to take Jess's mind off them by striking little conversations to which Jess just shrugged off. Jeff had hockey practice so he wasn't with us right now. I was busy scrolling Google for pictures of spiders and roaches before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Sky, who was looking at me dryly, "Why are searching for spiders and roaches?". I tried not to sound dumb as I said, "I'm looking for a picture to draw for my Art assignment". He chuckled slightly before looking back at me, "You want to draw spiders for your assignment?" "Yeah, I mean I really am scared of them and they make me sad". He nodded slightly before getting up and looking down at me "Let's go, I know what'll help you". My face lit up with a bright smile as I quickly got up and packed my bags. We bade others goodbye before walking out of the cafeteria. I followed closely behind him as he led me to the farthest hallway. We stopped in front of a door with a sign that says, "Do not disturb". I looked at Sky clearly puzzled, "Why are we entering a room that clearly says Do not enter?". He didn't answer, he just pushed open the door and went in. He turned on the lights and I stepped in, taking in my surroundings. The place was neatly arranged, it had two corners. One with several canvasses, paint and brushes while the other just had a stool and a guitar by the side. He closed the door behind me before walking further into the room. "This is where I stay sometimes when I'm searching for inspiration or just need to be away from people". "I love it", I smiled at him. He smiled back slightly, I repeat, slightly before switching back to his bored face. "Come sit here", he led me towards a stool which in front of it is a canvass, paint of several colours and brushes. "Just sit here and stare at it and the inspiration will come". He walked away towards the other side of the room. I kept staring at the canvass wondering what to paint till I heard a slow tune coming from the other side of the room. I watched Sky as he effortlessly played the guitar with his eyes closed. He looked very peaceful compared to all the other times I had seen him. Eventually, I started feeling the song as well and picked up my paintbrush to begin painting.

After what seemed like an hour, I was finally done with my work. I scanned it proudly before turning it around to show Sky, who was reading. He looked up at it before looking at me, "What does it mean?". The painting was of a graveyard and in the middle of the painting, in front of one of the stones was a little girl holding flowers. I looked back at Sky whose eyes were still boring into my soul. He looked away and stood up, "You don't have to tell me about it, it's okay. Let's just get going". As he was about to open the door, I spoke out "It was my dad. I was little when he passed away from a fatal car accident". He turned back and walked up to me sharply, I looked at him confused before he pulled me into a hug and ran his hands through my hair as the tears started falling, "It's okay. It's alright". I continued crying for like twenty minutes before I finally wiped all the tears away. I had never shared the story with anyone asides Bri and Noah because they were the only ones I had grown to trust. But now, I realized that I trusted Sky too. We walked out of the room and immediately Sky had to leave cause he got a call from I'm guessing the Grumpy guy from the other time. I wanted to ask about him but I decided not to prey. He would tell me in his time.

I walked back to my dorm feeling very happy with myself for getting my assignment done. My phone buzzed and I took it out to see a message from Bri, 3 missed calls from Jess and 2 messages asking where I was and a message from Noah. I decided to go through them accordingly while walking briskly to my room.

BESTIEEEE: Rue! Guess what!, Karl got expelled. I can't believe it! My heart is shattered. I need to vent so call me when you see this. 😭. :[

I couldn't hold my laughter any longer, I just burst out and everyone started looking at me. Karl is technically the damaged kid in my former school. He used to take drugs, smoke and do all sorts at the back of the school. Bri has had a crush on him since first grade when we saw him trying to smoke at the back. She says he gives her "bad boy vibes" that she loves. Thankfully, he's been expelled and she can finally move on.

I texted Jess back to let her know that I'm okay and I'm on my way to the dorm. She replied saying she and Sam went shopping without me cause they couldn't reach me but they'll get me a little something. Awww so sweet! Then I clicked on the message from Noah.

Noah: Come on Rue, we're still not going to talk?

Honestly I had forgiven Noah a long time ago, I just don't think I can handle speaking to him on the phone again. I miss him alot and I wish I could just see him in person and we could talk for hours. These phone calls just make me feel more distant. Sighhh.

Before I could take another step, I felt strong warm hands pulled me into a much stronger and warmer body. Seconds later, I felt the breeze blow me as a motorcycle sped past. Omg I was almost hit! I stayed put for seconds before being pulled away from the warmness. The hand rose my chin to eye level and I stared into those hazel eyes that I keep falling for. "Rue, are you okay?", I just nodded before standing back. "Yeah I'm fine. I don't know what I was thinking". He smiled down at me, putting his hands on his perfectly sculpted waist, "It's okay. I'm actually heading for practice. Want to come?" Of course I want to come but after the whole adrenaline rush, I suddenly feel very tired. "I'm sorry but I can't. I'm really really tired. Maybe next time?", I smiled widely. He looked disappointed for a minute before he smiled and started heading off, "Sure it's cool". Immediately he turned to leave, I held his arm and he turned back to face me. "Blake, thanks for you know", I gestured to the road. He just smirked back, "Sure anytime. See you later". With that, he took off leaving me standing there gazing at that perfect butt. I quickly wiped the memory from my head as I headed to my dorm.

Later that evening, we were lying down on the floor doing our assignments. Sam and Jess came back with heavy bags not long after I got to the room. When they meant going for shopping, I didn't think they meant buying the entire mall! And the little something they said they'll get me, turned out to be two bags full. These guys!

Sam nudged me as I came to a final full stop on my Sociology assignment, Jess had gone to the bathroom to have her bath. I turned to face her as she smiled widely at me, "So Rue what's the one thing you want to do before this year ends?". I looked at her suddenly before answering, "Sam we're still in June, what's the rush?". She frowned before poking me continuously, "Just answer!". I laughed loudly before smiling at her curious eyes, "Okay fine. Well I'd like to see the sunset and sunrise in a beach or something". She got up and started dusting her clothes when I decided to tease her, "Why are you asking? You want to take me?". "Ew Rue, I'm not your boyfriend!". She started packing her books while I brought a hand to my heart feigning hurt. "But you're my girlfriend!", I argued back. She looked at me in fake disgust, "In your dreams, Rue". I made an expression of my heart breaking and fake tears while she just laughed and slammed the door. A loud "Love you!" rang from outside the door and I just laughed before picking my phone to call Bri.

It was finally Friday, the day I dreaded has come. It's Noah and I's anniversary and I felt bad for not being able to see him. I put on one of his big hoodies and pulled the hood over face so no one would see how upset I looked. The day dragged by really slowly, everyone seemed to be giddy about something, whispering stuff to each other and giggling. Sky just kept mouthing "are you okay?" to which I kept nodding back. After lunch, Sam and Jess kept trying to drag me back to the room but I kept fighting back. "Guys, I still have Art class and I have to submit my assignment!". Sam kept pulling at my sleeve, "Sky is submitting it for you and he's telling the teacher that you've got a flu". Damn you, Sky! "But I don't even have a flu, why am I going to the room?". They both smiled knowingly before Jess cleared her throat and looked at me. "Rue, you really don't look good so as your friends, we think you should rest". We finally got to the door of my room and when Sam opened the door and they both screamed "Surprise!!!".  I gasped.

Right there, sitting on my bed was none other than the guy whose hoodie I was wearing,

Noah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah's here!
How do you think Blake would feel when he sees him?
What's the surprise Noah has in store for Rue?