Mysterious mentor friend

So the holidays have come and gone. It's a day to the new year and I'm sitting in my bed, binge watching the second season of "You" on Netflix and eating popcorn. The last few days have been pretty uneventful. I talk to the guys literally everyday! Bri travelled with a parents to spend New year with her grandparents so we're not having a sleepover like last year. I guess I'm just going to keep binge watching Netflix. "Rue Evans! Stop binge watching Netflix and get down here!", My mum yelled from the kitchen. Why can't life just go my way?

I dragged myself downstairs still in Blake's hoodie and booty shorts, "Why can't you all just leave me alone?!". My mum looked at me with raised brows before passing me some vegetables to cut. "You're making Jordans soup?", I asked in confusion. Remember when I told the guys that my mum has a special soup she makes for Jordan after practice? Yup, we named it after him. "Yes so get chopping", she said before turning to stir a mixture in the pot. "But why? He's having practice on new year's eve?!", I asked in annoyance. Then his annoying voice rang in my ears as he walked into the kitchen, "Nope but I'm having a friend over. He's kind of going to mentor me so it's a serious practice". I turned to face him slightly annoyed that I have to cut vegetables for some random guy I don't know, "Doesn't he have a family to attend to on new year's eve?". "Why are you so aggravated by it?", Jordan laughed. "Because number 1, I could be watching "You" right now but I'm cutting vegetables and 2, new year's eve is supposed to be spent with the people you love!", I yelled as I took the tray of vegetables and stormed through the back door. "But that's exactly what he's doing!", Jordan yelled but I ignored him.

After cutting the vegetables, I went straight to my room to continue binge watching till I was done. Then I stopped up from the bed I had been lying one for almost 4 hours. I stretched a bit before going downstairs to look for something to snack on. As I got to the kitchen, I could hear Jordan playing ball outside. I'm guessing his mysterious mentor friend is around. I opened the fridge and pulled out my vanilla ice cream. As I opened the lid, I heard footsteps coming from the backdoor followed by Jordan's voice, "Dude I need like 5 bottles of chilled water". Then another voice followed, "Yeah that's what I always drink after practice". Funny, that's what my boyfriend does as well. Wait, why does that voice sound familiar. Then the door opened and in came Jordan, right behind him was my boyfriend, Blake.

I dropped my spoon in shock as they both smiled at me. "Hey babe. I was coming to meet you", Blake said with a wide smile. "What are you doing here?", I managed to say amidst the shock. "Oh, I'm playing football with Jordan. Kind of like mentoring him. He invited me over so I came", he said with a proud smile. Then my mind flew back to the day of the big game when Jordan met Blake for the first time.

"Dudeee you're so good! You have to mentor me". I turned to see Jordan smiling at Blake who in turn was smiling back. "Sure. If your sister decides to invite me over", he said smiling at me. I looked away blushing just as Jordan replied, "If she doesn't, I will".

I frowned at Jordan as he wiggled his brows at me. "Wait, you didn't know?", Blake asked. "I thought you did", he added. Then he turned to Jordan in confusion but Jordan whistled and walked to the fridge then he said, "I gave her a hint but she didn't get it. Sucks to be you, Rue". I frowned at him and folded my hands, "What hint?". He just smirked at me while I recalled what he said this morning.

"But why? He's having practice on new year's eve?!", I asked in annoyance. Then his annoying voice rang in my ears as he walked into the kitchen, "Nope but I'm having a friend over. He's kind of going to mentor me so it's a serious practice". I turned to face him slightly annoyed that I have to cut vegetables for some random guy I don't know, "Doesn't he have a family to attend to on new year's eve?". "Why are you so aggravated by it?", Jordan laughed. "Because number 1, I could be watching "You" right now but I'm cutting vegetables and 2, new year's eve is supposed to be spent with the people you love!", I yelled as I took the tray of vegetables and stormed through the back door. "But that's exactly what he's doing!", Jordan yelled but I ignored him.