Hate is a strong word

RUE'S POV

I hate this douche bag, I thought as I glared at Brody. "Stop looking at me like that", He said as he tossed a ball back and forth the wall. "Am I supposed to smile at you considering you're the reason I'm here", I said. He laughed before saying, "Rue, I'm not the reason you're here. I just wanted to get back and Blake and that was it but Noah seems to be obsessed with you". "What did Blake do to you?", I asked curiously. "You don't know this but Blake had a past. He and Dylan used to best of friends. They bullied the hell out of me cause I liked his sister before Dylan fucked Mabel and Blake had the whole therapy shit", Brody said. "But he's changed! Why do this?", I asked with my brows up.

Brody sighed, "Believe it or not, I didn't want anything to do with this. Noah came and asked for my help to ruin Blake. I thought it would just be like a prank. Maybe we'd burn his room or burst his car tyres or spread rumours about him. I didn't think he wanted to kill someone! I wanted out but he wouldn't let me. He's fucking dangerous!". I sighed and rested my head on my knee. "You know you can fix this right? Just let me go. I promise only Noah would go down for this", I whispered. He laughed, "That's not possible Rue. You know that. Everyone knows the guy with the face cap and dirty blonde hair. If anything, Noah's the safe one here". I looked at him pleadingly but he turned away, "Don't look at me like that".

Just then, the door opened and Noah stepped into the room. "Hey darling. Guess what? We're going to Cape town!", He said as he came down the stairs. "In Africa?!", I exclaimed. He walked up to me and ran his hand down my cheek, "Yes babe. No one would find us there". "You're fucking insane!", I shrieked. He pulled my face up roughly and whispered in my ear, "You don't want to be talking to me like that or you'd regret it", then he picked my ear before dropping kisses on my neck. "Noah stop!", I screamed but he didn't listen. He started unbuttoning my shirt as he held a hand over my mouth.

"Dude stop! She has a boyfriend!", Brody intervened. "The boyfriend that's locked up in a cell? I'm her lover!", Noah said as he laughed still tackling the buttons of my shirt with one hand. I cried as I struggled to push him. "Dude cut it out!", Brody yelled but Noah refused. I bit his hand and he removed it and yelled, "You bitch!". Then he slapped me. I stood frozen on the spot as Brody stared with wide eyes.

Noah held my face, "I'm sorry honey. I won't do that again". He said just as remorseful as the 4 other times he had done it.

"I hate you", I spat out.

"Hate is a strong word darling, same as Love", Noah said smiling.

Someone get me the fuck out of here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a little glimpse of what's happening in Rue's head...