Love You, Mum

I've been home for almost 2 weeks, that means Christmas is next week and so is my birthday. Blake and I facetime everyday and Sam always interrupts but no issue. I've been talking to Skylar as well. He and Ryan are spending Christmas alone and just really getting to spend time with themselves and Jace, Jess and Jeff are spending Christmas together as usual.

I have been stuck in my house with my mum and Jordan, Bri has been visiting alot. We've honestly just been baking and trying new recipes while Jordan just eats them all. "You know you can't avoid them forever right?", Jordan said as he dived into my banana cupcake. I dusted my clothes as the doorbell rang. I walked over to the door yelling back at Jordan, "Avoid who?". I opened the door to see Bri and my old friends smiling at me and then I heard Jordan's voice in the background saying, "Them".

What? Did you think Bri was the only friend I had here? Of course not. Bri said she was coming over but I didn't think she meant the whole crew.

There's Natalie, my sassy neighbor. There's Ben, Natalie's boyfriend and one of Noah's friends. There's Joe and Jules, the super cute twins. I met Jules in French class and we clicked immediately. Jules's dating some guy, Greg. Joe had a crush on me when I used to hang out with Jules alot but I was too busy in love with Noah to care. He moved on and well that's it.

"What are you guys doing here?", I asked with a weird smile. "Did you think you were going to avoid us forever?", Jules asked as she pushed past me and they all followed. "Of course not. It's just I haven't really settled in yet so I figured when I've settled I'd..", I tried explaining but Natalie interrupted me. "We're neighbours Rue. All you have to do is walk like 10 steps!", She said flipping her hair to the back. "Fine, I'm sorry. I was just scared that you guys were like going to be like super awkward with me cause I haven't like had contact with you guys for like 3 months now and I'm sorry about that. It's just....", I rambled on till they all smiled and hugged me. "Rue, we get it. We know you have pretty cool school friends right now because Bri told us but it's fine. We can be your home friends. No Biggie. We got you", Joe smiled at me and I smiled back. "You're not forgiven just yet!", Jules said. I turned to her worriedly then she said, "Until you tell us about your super hot boyfriend that Bri won't shut up about". Everyone laughed as we walked further into the house.

"He did what?", I screamed. "I'm telling you! He just like pulled down his pants on the field and I was yay, everyone has now seen what I privately enjoy", Natalie said. I laughed as Ben tries to defend himself. "Oh come on babe. It was the excitement of the game!", He said as he tried to hold her but she pushes him away and pouts while I'm here rolling on the ground. We were sitting in my living room just talking about everything that had happened since I was gone. I didn't realize how much I missed them till now. The doorbell rang and Joe went to get it. We continued talking till we started hearing loud voices coming from the door. We all walked towards the door and saw Joe shoving Noah away. They turned and noticed us. Noah's eyes specifically on me. "Hey, Rue. I heard you were....", He started but never finished. "What are you doing here?", Jules piped up standing protectively beside me. I'm guessing nobody's friends with him anymore.

"I just wanted to speak to Rue and...". "You can't", Ben said firmly and that surprised me because these guys are best buddies. "Fuck you Ben! Fuck all of you!", Noah yelled and I flinched back. "And Rue, don't think this is over" he said pointing straight at me before walking off. I stood in shock with my eyes wide open. Bri guided me back to the couch where I just sat in silence. They all watched me closely waiting for me to speak which I did. "What is wrong with him?", I asked gently, still in shock.

"I don't know. I think he's on some kind of drugs or something. One thing I know is that that isn't the Noah we knew", Ben said as he sat beside me and rubbed my back. "Don't let him get to you, Rue. We're here for you", Bri said looking at me sweetly. I smiled sadly at all of them. "I think I want to be alone right now", I said calmly. They all nodded in understanding before standing up and getting their stuff. They each hugged me before letting themselves out. I stood up and turned to go to my room and I spotted Jordan standing by the stairway. He walked over to me and hugged me, rubbing my head. "He's a dick and I'm not going to let anything happen to you. There's nothing to be afraid of, Rue. You've got a whole pack of friends behind you who care about you", he said calmly. I smiled and hugged him tighter before letting go and walking to my room.