Objection your honour!

RUE'S POV

I sat on my bed, knees up and phone to my ear. "Do you want us to come for the trial?", He asked. "No J. No need to stress mum. I'll be fine", I said slowly. "I'm so sad that Blake has to go through all these. It's just not fair", Jordan said. I nodded even though I knew he couldn't see me. He sighed before speaking, "I'll call you after the trial. I'll be watching it on TV. Take care of yourself okay?". "I will. Take care of yourself and mum. Love you", I said. "Love you too", he replied gently before going off.

It's been a week. Blake has refused to see anyone asides Flynn and Sam was beginning to get agitated. Every single newspaper in the city had either Dylan, Blake or my face on it. Even Sam had a page with her picture. Everything connecting us to Blake. I've been speaking to Flynn regularly and he said he's working on the case thoroughly. He seems pretty positive so I'm trying to be as well. Tomorrow is the first day of the trial. I'm scared of what the outcome would be.

I sat quietly in the car as I played with the hem of my black dress. It fits the mood. Flynn noticed my agitation and held my hands, "It's okay. Whatever happens happens. You have to go in with the mindset to win. Don't look so torn. You're Blake's main support right now". I nodded and breathed slowly to calm myself down as we drove through the gates of the court. Paparazzi was everywhere. They were slamming the windows of the car and trying to get a shot. "Look down and don't say anything", Flynn said. I nodded as the guard opened the door and several guards gathered around me, safely guarding me to the entrance while paparazzi pushed and pulled. "Ms Evans, would you say Mr Andrews killed Mr Carter?" "Ms Evans what was your relationship with Mr Carter?" "Ms Evans are you going to testify?". Questions were thrown at me from every angle but I ignored them till I got the entrance and saw Blake's parents.

I ran up to his mum and hugged her. She hugged me back patting my head. Blake's father spoke to me, "Don't worry about the paparazzi. We have security everywhere". I nodded. "Let's go in", he said. I walked into the court which was already slightly packed with people. We walked forward to the front of the defending side. Flynn stood with a lady and as we approached them, he smiled and gestured for the lady to come with him. "Rue, this is Candace. She's working with me on the case", Flynn said gesturing to the lady. "Nice to meet you, Rue", Candace said with her hand stretched forward. I shook it smiling back, "Same".

We took our seats as the court started to fill up. The jury had arrived and were all seated. Flynn and Dylan's lawyer, I think his name is James, were giving each other a stare down. Then Blake was brought in and he sat beside Flynn. I was a meter from him but I could see the distress and brokenness on his face. I willed for him to turn around and look at me but he didn't. Instead, he and Flynn were in a deep conversation about what was going to happen. I heard Flynn say that Blake was going to be called up first and that he had to be calm and short with his answers to the prosecutor which is Dylan's lawyer. Flynn told me earlier that the opposition is going to call up the gym instructor and the officer who inspected the scene. I was afraid of what they would say but Flynn assured me that he had his way around things.

I stood up with the rest of the court as the judge walked in. I turned around to see the guys two rows behind me. They waved and I nodded. I turned to my side to look at Sam, she had stopped crying but she was starting to look very sick. I held her hand tightly and so it began. Flynn and James gave their opening speech to the jury and I must say, they're both pretty good. I looked closely at the jury and I couldn't decide what side they were on. Hopefully, ours.

The instructor was called up and after taking an oath, the questioning began. James stood up proudly and dusted his suit before walking up to the instructor. "Mr Connelly, you were the one that found Dylan's body?", He asked slowly. "Yes I did", the instructor answered. "Can you kindly tell the court how you found him", James said smirking. This can't be good. The instructor adjusted in his seat before speaking, "Well Blake and I usually have sessions on Tuesday so he called to tell me he was coming. I was caught up with something so I came late. I was coming out from my changing room when I saw Blake rush past towards the door and he didn't look happy. I thought it was because I was late so I called out to him and followed him but he was too far off to hear me. After he left, I decided to check the intensive room where we usually stay and then I found the body". "Why do you think Dylan was in the intensive room? Do you have sessions with him as well", James asked. "No it's just Blake. I don't know what he was doing there", the instructor said. Then James turned to face us and jury, smiling, "Which means Dylan wasn't supposed to be there but someone called or texted him", this time he was looking at Blake. This sick bastard!