Just like Amy (Flynn's POV)

FLYNN'S POV

I walked into the station recalling last night's conversation with Connor. I had just finished getting off the phone with my wife, soon to be ex-wife after the divorce is finalized. We got into an argument about how I didn't care about Amy, my 15 year old daughter. I did care, I just need time to sort out this law stuff and I'll be back, I thought to myself as my phone rang. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID. Strange, Connor doesn't call me often. I placed the phone to my ear, "Yes". "Flynn, my client is looking for a defence lawyer", Connor's voice rang through the phone. I sat down on my work table, swinging my pen between my fingers, "What's the case?". "He's a senior year high schooler. You know the Andrews? The ones I said I work for? It's their son. He's been accused of murder", Connor said. I sighed, "Connor, you know my wife is against my work and I said I would quit it to stop the divorce. Besides, this could just be some kid with rich people problems and decided killed his friend". Connor wasn't one to give up, "I know things are tough in your marriage right now but you gotta believe me, I've been their family lawyer for years. The kid's not capable of doing that". I rubbed my temples slowly, "Yeah but". "Besides don't think of it as you're defending a small kid. Think of it as you're defending the Andrews. This could be a big break for you. Then after that you can quit", Connor said, emphasising the words. I sighed as I thought of Amy before answering, "Fine, send in his files". "Great. I'll send them now and you have to be at the station tomorrow morning", the line went dead.

I've read his files. Blake Andrews, 19 years old, senior year about to go to college, the school's star player, had a beef last year with the Dylan guy and blah blah blah. All fingers point to this guy, but I wasn't going to come to a judgement till I meet him. I walked in and was immediately greeted by Mr and Mrs Andrews. They were very respectable people in this city, very rich and known for doing good. I wonder if this is just some scandal against them.

"Mr and Mrs Andrews", I said, greeting them. Mr Andrews shook my hand and thanked me. "Thank you so much, Mr Flynn. You don't know how much this means to my family", he said. I nodded, I'm not going to tell him that I'm not taking up the case till I'm sure the kid's innocent.

They led me to a room where I sat and waited for my main client. The door opened and he stepped in, Blake Andrews. He looked better in the photos, I guess this is what staying overnight in a cell does to you.

He sat down opposite me and looked at me straight in the eye. Someone who just killed would be afraid to meet anybody's eyes. "Mr Andrews. Nice to meet you", I said curtly. "It's just Blake. My dad says you're my lawyer. Thank you", he said. Not yet bro. "I want to ask you a few questions to solidify your case. Is that cool?", I asked, how he tells his story will prove his innocence. "Yeah", he nodded. "What was your relationship with Dylan?", I asked looking straight at him to set him off guard. "He was my teammate", he simply said. "That's all?", I pushed. "He was in my team. We weren't friends", he said looking straight at me. "Things weren't okay with you guys. I heard you were involved in multiple fights", I said playing with my pen. "He slept with my ex. We fought about it early last year. Then we fought again at one of our victory parties cause he pushed my girl in the pool but I didn't even see or talk to him till yesterday when he came at me in the gym", he said calmly. "last question, did you kill him?", I asked, this time watching every of his movement. He just sat up straight and looked at me dead on with the rage of a wrongly convicted teenager, "I didn't kill Dylan". No fidgeting, no fast breathing, nothing. He was telling the truth. I'm going to defend this boy down to my toes. I nodded at him and stood up, "I've got all I need. I'll be coming back soon. Dylan's parents have taken the case to court so be prepared for hearing". He nodded quietly and stood up to leave. Just then a girl walked in, she looked between us before walking up to Blake. "How're you?", She asked as she cupped his cheeks. "I'm okay, Rue. You don't have to keep coming, you know that", Blake said as he removed her hands from his face.