The Thirdwheeler (Blake's POV)

BLAKE'S POV

After Rue left, the guys stormed to their rooms and shut the doors. Did I overreact? Of course not. Rue doesn't hide things from me. I wonder why she had dates with these guys without telling me. Was I boring her? I sighed as I walked to my room and slammed the door.

"Happy birthday Bro!", I heard as a dunk of water fell on me. My eyes flew open as I surveyed my environment. I was on my bed in my room with a bowl held above me by two idiots I call my roommates. "What the hell guys?", I whined. "You're fucking 19, dude. Get up and celebrate!", Jack yelled. "I'm not celebrating so get out of my room right now", I glared at them. They scoffed before walking out and calling me ungrateful. I took my beddings out, luckily the water didn't get into the mattress so I just replaced the beddings and decided to clean up.

Today was kind of getting annoying. Everywhere I went, girls were giggling and giving me gifts. Guys were coming in for a handshake and also giving me gifts. Everyone was on my neck except the one person I wanted. I entered the cafeteria and spotted her at our usual table. Immediately I got to the table, every greeted me and congratulated me even the Skylar dude. Rue did as well but she never met my eyes. I must've really hurt her. Shit, I feel bad. I was about to start a conversation when Sam took her attention and started telling her about some guy in her Calculus class.

In the evening, I settled in to watch Netflix when the guys walked out of their room looking all dressed. "You guys have a date I don't know about?", I asked confused and a bit bummed that I was going to be home alone on my birthday. Then the doorbell rang. "That must be your outfit", Tyler sang as he walked towards the door. My outfit? He came back in with a bag in his hand and he shoved it in my hands, "Hurry up or we'll be late?". I staggered as I walked to my room. Late for what?

We got into Tyler's car and he sped off. "Where are we going guys? Are we going on a triple date?", I asked but no one answered. "Hey, just cause I fought with Rue yesterday doesn't mean we've broken up!". Still no response. "I'm not going to be the third wheeler if that's what you guys are getting at". Still no response. "Am I even talking to human beings?". "Dude, shut up", Jack laughed. I frowned and sat silently at the back. Should I text Rue and let her know I'll be out? What if she comes to the apartment looking for me? Would she be pissed if she finds out that I went out without her? These questions rang in my mind again and again till Tyler pulled into a driveway.

I got down and I looked around. This place looked oddly familiar. I followed the guys as we walked towards an entrance and then I remembered that this was the club Rue was at in the photos. Then I started laughing, "Ohhh you guys want me to come beat up the guy Rue was with? You guys don't need to do that for me". They glanced at me and shook their heads as we walked in. Immediately we entered, loud screaming filled my ears, "SURPRISE!". I looked around me and took in my environment. There weren't lots of people here but I could recognise a lot of them from the team and even the cheerleaders and a few friends I had in class. I was utterly speechless as everyone sang happy birthday. "Blake!", Sam squealed as she walked over to hug me. Everyone did the same. I took in everyone's appearance. They were all dressed in dinner gowns and suits and we all looked really matured, but still one face was missing.

"You guys did this?", I asked in utter shock. "No bro. She did", Tyler said as he pointed to the direction of a door which my girlfriend just slid out through. She was in a deep conversation with a guy who I recognized from one of the photos yesterday. She looked like she was explaining something important with her furrowed brows and moving hands, completely oblivious to what was going on. The guy nodded to everything she said as he wrote it all down and that was when it clicked. She was planning this entire thing all along. Those guys were assisting her in the planning. It was supposed to be a surprise.

I stood in utter shock as I stared hard at my girlfriend in a wine sleeveless body hug dress that flared at the ending. Her dress matched my shirt and it was completely breathtaking. Her hair flowing down her shoulders in curls and her jewelries dazzled. I kept staring mouth open till Sam decided to push me towards her. I walked up slowly behind her and stood. "Don't place the flowers too close to each other. Also, the balloons. Make sure they're ready. It's kind of like a surprise", she kept talking till I cleared my throat interrupting her. "Was I not supposed to know that?", I said as she quickly spun around with wide green eyes. "You're here? Omg I'm not done! You weren't supposed to get in yet. Oh Tyler, you...", She kept rambling till I reached out for her arm and pulled her into me. She remained silent as I caressed her hair, burying my head in her neck and whispering, "I'm so sorry for yesterday. I'm so sorry. I had no idea". She chuckled before pulling back, "You weren't supposed to". I smiled as I caressed her cheek, "You did this for me?". She smiled proudly, "Yeah. Actually I got help from the guys and Sam and Miranda and". "I love you so fucking much", I spat out and she froze. I leaned in and kissed her. Everyone cheered as we kept kissing deeply before Jack decided to break us up.

The evening went by very smoothly. We had dinner and chatted about different stuff. My parents called and Rue's mum as well. "And then he was like Who's going to buy the dress? Then he was looking behind me as if I came with someone. Then I'm like "I'm buying the dress myself with my card you bloody chauvinistic fool! And then I stormed off to the manager", Sam said as we listened to her attentively. We laughed but stopped as we heard something hitting a glass. We turned around to see Tyler standing as someone slid carried a cake into the room. Tyler called me over and I walked up to him as they set the cake on the table. The cake was huge. It was a huge ball on a field with my name written on it. "Mad cake, dude!", I said. "All Rue bro", he said. I smiled as I signalled for Rue to come and stand with me. I held her hand as I stood behind the cake. Tyler gave a really lame speech which everyone laughed at before they yelled the letters of my name and then I sliced the cake. Immediately I sliced it, black balloons came pouring down on us. I turned to face Rue. Her smile was so wide and she looked so happy. I smiled as she held my hands, jumping up and down. I held her firmly and kissed her before letting go and whispering, "Thanks for today".

She giggled and asked, "Who's the best girlfriend in the world?"

I smiled before ruffling her hair, "You are".

She smiled widely. How did I get so lucky?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~