Apology rejected

I spent almost 2 hours in the shower and I still couldn't get all the sand out of my hair. Noah and I got back to campus later that morning, covered in sand. He went over to his friend's apartment to take a bath while I came to my room. I didn't even know Noah knew someone here, that guy knows everyone!

Sam and the others were in the cafe nearby. I told them that we'll meet them there once we freshened up. Noah called me to let me know that he is on his way to my dorm. I quickly put on a white crop top with my sky blue mommy jeans and white sneakers. I tied my hair into a bun because of the sand that was still in it. My phone started buzzing, that must be Noah.

We walked into the cafe and I immediately spotted my friends at the corner. They're not really hard to miss. I pulled Noah towards them with a wide smile on my face. "Hey guys! Noah meet Sam, Jess, Jeff, Jace and Sky", gesturing to them individually, "and guys meet Noah". Sam and Jess both got up to hug him and I could tell that they had definitely started talking before this. I'm not done with you Sam! Jace and Jeff stood up and did some kinda bro handshake with Noah while Sky just mumbled hello before going back to his coffee. Noah looked at me questioningly but I just shrugged.

Noah seemed to have blended in with everyone. I mean even Sky threw in some comments here and there as Noah blatantly embarrassed me in front of everyone. "And she didn't know it was a surprise birthday party so immediately she entered into the house, we yelled happy birthday and she just screamed and ran back out. 5 minutes later, she called me that she was at my house and that she thinks aliens have finally invaded her house and killed her mum and Jordan", Noah was laughing uncontrollably with everyone. I pouted my lips and frowned at Noah, "In my defense, I had been having weird dreams about aliens and you guys didn't look human" "It was a costume party Rue. You love costume parties" "whatever", I shrugged. Everyone was still laughing at me. Jeff hugged me tightly and said, "I knew there was a reason we liked you".

They had finally decided to switch the topic from me to other random stuff like the school's football team and Sam wasn't letting go of the opportunity to show off. "Yes Noah, they're amazing. Actually, my brother is the star player. Everyone loves him", she said flipping her hair. I don't think Noah noticed that because of his excitement of hearing about the team, "Really that's amazing! Can I meet him?" No no no. "Sure! he's probably busy with practice now but I can take you to him later" Oh my God Sam! You will be the death of me. "Looks like luck is on your side Noah. There he is now!" Wait, what? I turned to the direction that Sam was pointing at and there, in all of his glory, was Blake, walking into the cafe with his teammates. They looked really sweaty like they had just ended practice.

"Blake! Over here!", Sam yelled. Blake immediately turned to our table before groaning loudly and walking up to us. "How many times will I tell you to stop yelling my name in public?". Sam ignored his comment and stood up to drag him closer to Noah. Then she grinned, "Noah meet Blake, my awesome brother and Blake meet Noah, Rue's boyfriend". I watched closely as the expression on Blake's face immediately hardened. He eyed Noah from top to bottom before looking straight at me. I quickly averted my eyes to the table. There was sudden silence on the table as everyone stared at Blake. He finally stretched out his hands which Noah tentatively shook. Blake walked off immediately not even answering Sam's yellings. Noah cleared his throat and looked at me before saying, "I don't think he likes me". Sam just brushed it aside, "He's always like that with new people". Everyone nodded and continued their conversations. I knew it was more than that but I just kept silent. 

It was evening time and we were all gathered around Noah's car. He had to leave today cause his grandparents were visiting the next day and school was on Monday. Everyone took turns to hugged him before they all stepped back leaving just Noah and I staring at each other. I smiled widely and held back the tears in my eyes as I approached him. We hugged tightly for a minute before he kissed me deeply. "I'm gonna miss you Rue", he held my chin up to look into my eyes. "I'm going to miss you too Noah". He smiled before getting into the car. As he pulled out of the parking space, we all waved at him. As soon as the car was out of sight, they all gathered around and hugged me.

The next day was uneventful. Sam came to our dorm and we stayed indoors and watched movies all day. Bri called me and I told her all about yesterday. I couldn't count how many times she squealed. Apparently she had no idea that Noah was coming and she is so pissed at him for not bringing her along. Sam later left to go see Tyler. They still haven't told Blake about their situationship. Jess started having cramps so I'm helping her go to the pharmacy to get something for it. I opened the door and went straight to the counter, "Excuse me? I'm looking for something that'll help my friend. She's having cramps". The guy nodded before picking a packet from the drawer. I paid and picked up the pack. Before I opened the door, the door was already pulled from outside. I stepped back as Blake stopped in his tracks as he saw me.

"Rue?" "Blake".

We kept staring at each other till someone cleared their throat then we realized we had been blocking a whole line of people. Blake pulled me outside before I could object. We were at the back of the pharmacy alone. "Rue, I've been meaning to talk to you". "Oh", was all I could say. He held my shoulders and pinned me to the wall. "Rue, I don't know what I've been feeling.." Oh no, no way. "Everytime I see you, I just..". I quickly cut him off before he could continue, "Blake stop. You don't want to do this. What about Mabel?". His expression hardened and he snapped, "What about her?". I flinched, which he noticed. He quickly softened and rose my chin till I was eye level with him. "Rue, please", he started kissing my neck. I moaned loudly as he pushed into me. He was moving upwards till he was inches from my lips. Noah. "Blake, please stop. I can't. I have a boyfriend". He sighed pulling away slowly. "I'm sorry", I mumbled. He smashed the wall beside me in anger and I flinched. He walked away leaving me standing there. Apology rejected then.

I got back to my dorm feeling really down. I didn't talk to anyone, I just went straight to my bed and curled up in a ball. Just then, my phone buzzed. I opened it,

Noah: Hey Rue. I miss you. Just wanted to let you know that. Love you.

I sighed. I just hope I made the right decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whattttt!!! So Blue definitely had a moment there. Till Ruah broke it. 😂

Whose side are you on?