Chapter 2 ~ With The Enemy

23rd of March 1795

~Frederick's pov~

I stared out at the carriage window observing the view. The carriage was bopping up and down moving towards the school. I sighed and rubbed the parchment in my hands nervously.

"Are you okay, Your Majesty?" A voice spoke. I turned and looked at John. "Fine just a bit nervous," I replied. John smiled and looked out. "Out of all the 'countries' you could visit my Prince, why did you pick here?" He questioned.

I turned my head away from the window and I looked into John's brown eyes. "Well, I guess I want to have an adventure before I get married." I smiled awkwardly. John beamed and chuckled, "Enjoy freedom while it lasts I see? Well, I'd enjoy it." He laughed. I chuckled and turned my head back to the window.

Of course, that wasn't true. The real reason I was here was to find something else out. To find the truth of something I've wanted to know all these years. I was here, the place where I'd find the last name on the ink-stained list in my hands.

"We're here!" My head turned again and I felt the carriage stop. I paused for a moment and looked out the window to see a large school building. "This is your new school for the next month, Your Highness." John smiled. I quickly fiddled with the carriage door and burst out, staring out at the stone building. My blue eyes shone and I ran up the stairs, catching the attention of a few passer-by's.

"Look! It's the prince!" One girl pointed. I smiled awkwardly and waited, looking down at John. "Come on John, hurry up!" I smiled. John laughed and he ran up the rest and of the stairs placing his hand on my shoulder. "Your eager!" He laughed and I smiled looking around at the scenery.

"Prince Frederick!" A voice called out and an elderly man smiled. "I'm Mr Lewis, the principal of this humble school." The green-eyed man ran up to me bowing. "Thank you, Mr Lewis, I'm glad you accepted my offer for me to attend here," I responded.

The principal laughed and he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Let me lead you to your class, you have literacy first with Mr L/N." He grinned. I smiled but then realised something. "L/N?" My eyes lit up. The principal smiled, "Yes, what's the bother?" He questioned his face flushing red. I looked at him and smiled slightly, "Oh, just that it's my mother's maiden name. Y/N L/N." I replied. Mr Lewis laughed heartily and smiled even brighter, "Well that's great Your Highness, but we better get to your class." He grinned. I nodded and he walked in front of me, leading me towards the class.

I followed him through corridors and up flights of stairs until we reached the classroom door. Mr Lewis gave me another friendly smile and he opened the door to a group of teens.

He turned facing the class and left me near the door. He scanned the class and beamed at the class. "Good Morning, now as you may know we have a very special visitor. He came all the way from England and is now here with us." He announced.

The class erupted into chatter and Mr Lewis gestured me in. He held my shoulders and faced me to the front. I stared out at the class and smiled awkwardly, looking at the bright eyes of the students. "Hi." I nervously spoke.

Mr Lewis chuckled and I looked to my right to see a familiar-looking person. Mr Lewis saw my curiosity and herded me towards the man.

"Prince Frederick, this will be your literacy teacher Mr L/N." Mr Lewis grinned. Mr L/M turned around and his face seemed even more familiar. He stuck out his hand and his sky blue eyes shone. "Mr Alfred L/N, nice to meet you your Highness." he then bowed and I looked around to see Mr Lewis bowing as well. I awkwardly smiled and saw that the rest was of the class was bowing.

Well, most of the class. I looked at a desk in the middle and saw one boy sitting down and staring at me. Mr Lewis gave the boy a scolding look and glared at him, "Mr Seabury, why aren't you bowing!?" he hissed. My eyes lit up and I looked at my piece of paper.

Charles Lee
Alexander Hamilton
Arthur Clarke
Samuel Seabury

My eyes lit up and the boy stood up rolling his eyes and bowing. I smiled again awkwardly and the sound of a bell rang in my ears. I stood frozen staring at the boy while a few excited looking girls approached me. I watched the dirty blonde haired boy walk out and I pushed through the crowd running up to him.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"Do you know a man named Samuel Seabury?"