Chapter 12 ~ Clarke's Bakery

4th of April 1795

~William's pov~

"Come on guys!" I looked back at the three behind me and folded my arms. "Mrs Clarke told me she'd save is some food so hurry up!!" I called out. Frederick rolled his eyes and he, Hanna and Felix ran up to me.

"Trust me, Frederick, once you've tasted something from this bakery you'll probably want to live here forever." I chuckled. Frederick's blue eyes looked at me blankly and I smiled looking over at Felix and Hanna. "Isn't that right guys?" I smiled. Felix sighed and brushed his wispy auburn hair, "Does anything really matter when we're all going to die one day?" he mumbled sadly. I facepalmed and Felix leaned against Hanna. Hanna rolled her eyes and I chuckled looking ahead at the building.

"There it is!" I smiled and grabbed Frederick's hand. His eyes widened slightly and the shop bell rang.
"Coming!" Mrs Clarke called out from behind the counter. I smiled and Frederick looked around curiously. "This place looks familiar," he mumbled. I looked at him oddly and smiled. I turned back and Hanna dragged Felix in. "So what do you guys want?" She smiled. I shrugged my shoulders and Kayla walked in smiling.

"Good Afternoon Will." she greeted me. I grinned back at her and she handed me a small pastry. "Try this." her pale hand reached out and I grabbed it taking a bite. "Wow, this is amazing Kayla!" I grinned. Kayla smiled and she looked at Frederick. "Who's he?" She questioned. I held my pastry in my hands and looked at Frederick. "Frederick, a friend of mine," I explained. Frederick grinned slightly and Kayla smiled.

"Kayla?" Mrs Clarke walked out and she looked at me smiling. "Will!" she grinned and she smiled hugging me. I laughed slightly and her eyes looked at Hanna and Felix. "Come on you three you have to try this." she smiled and I nodded following her to the counter. Frederick stayed still and he looked to his feet awkwardly as Mrs Clarke handed us a small rose-coloured desert each.

I wafted the peachy aroma and took a bite. My eyes lit up and I turned over and waved at Frederick. "Frederick try this!" I called out and he moved towards the counter. Mrs Clarke's eyes widened slightly and she looked over at Kayla. "Frederick?" She questioned looking at me. I nodded and she looked at him oddly. "I think I've seen this boy before." she sceptically gazed and Frederick chuckled awkwardly. "Arthur!" Mrs Clarke called out and Mr Clarke came running down the stairs. "Yes Charlotte? " he questioned.

Charlotte pointed at Frederick and Mr Clarke gave her a weird look. Charlotte turned to me and furrowed her brow. "Your friend, where is he from?" she questioned. I smiled and took another bite of the pastry. "England, he's the Prince who's staying at our school," I replied. Charlotte's eyes widened and she leaned against the counter. "You mean he's King George's son? Like he's an actual Prince!?" she questioned.

I nodded and she walked near Frederick. "I knew something was similar about you." she scanned over Frederick. Kayla popped up from behind and looked at Frederick's jacket. "Wow this fabric, it's so high quality." she gasped. Frederick chuckled slightly and Charlotte giggled.
Kayla let go of Frederick's arm and turned facing him. "Wow he really is hot, just like the girls at school say." she smiled. Frederick flushed red slightly and Charlotte hit her over the head. "Kayla we don't say things like that, especially the strangers." she scolded her. "Sorry Mutti," Kayla replied and Charlotte smiled.

"Your Highness, it's very great that you are visiting, would you like some treats to go along the way?" She smiled. Frederick nodded and smiled, "Of course, I would be delighted." he replied. Charlotte smiled and handed him a small brown paper package. "Thank you so much, Mrs Clarke." Charlotte smiled again and we began to walk out. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and I looked at Kayla.

She pointed towards Felix laying on the ground and Hanna sighed. We walked towards him and I grabbed his head while Hanna grabbed his feet. We lifted him up and Frederick giggled slightly.

I rolled my eyes and Kayla waved at us. I smiled back and saw Mr Clarke looking at Frederick oddly. I brushed it off and pushed the bakery door with my shoulders. I looked at Hanna and smiled as we Felix dramatically cried out.

"Leave me, my friends, my heart is too broken." Hanna sighed again and she looked down at Felix, her dark brown hair cascading down her face. "Just because Anne didn't like the letter, doesn't mean you have to whine," she stated. Felix pouted childishly and I looked at Frederick who was puzzled.

I smiled slightly and Frederick smiled back, but with something different in his demeanour.

~Third person pov~

Charlotte watched the group of teens walk out of her shop and she turned to her husband. "He really looks like George now doesn't he?" she remarked. Arthur nodded and picked up his broom. "Do you think Y/N will come back any time soon?" he questioned.

Charlotte looked towards the kitchen and sighed. "I don't think so." Arthur looked away and folded his arms, resting the broom against the wall. He looked at Charlotte and sighed. "Looks like this bakery will be ours forever then." Charlotte nodded and she looked out at the window.

"I hope you're okay with him, Y/N."