Chapter 6 ~ Pride And Joy

24th of March 1795

~Frederick's pov~

A laid still, looking up to the ceiling and staring at the cream colour. I sighed slightly and yawned sitting up. My back tense feeling and I stretched forward. I yawned again and looked around at the room.

The walls were painted a pale blue colour and a painting of a woman hung up in the corner. It was a small room compared to my one in Britain and yet it was somewhat charming.

I leaned back again the headboard and smiled pulling the blanket close to my chest. I may not be in luxury back in Britain but I had things to explore and friends to make. And most importantly my father was a thousand miles away from me.

"Prince Frederick!" A woman's voice called out from outside the room. I sighed and pulled off my blanket, standing up and walking towards the door. I touched the cold metal and opened the door. "Good Morning." I tiredness smiled. The woman in front of me grinned, "School is soon, so you better eat breakfast. It is downstairs for you right now." she explained. I nodded and walked towards my closet taking out some clothes. I shut the door quickly and got changed. I moved towards the mirror and looked at myself.

Just like my father. I looked exactly like him, and I hated it. From my wavy hair to my blue eyes, I was a carbon copy of him. I sighed slightly and tried pushing my hair more to the side. But I stayed stiff and spiked up slightly. I looked at the mirror deeply and tried moving my hair to try differ my hairstyle. But to no avail, I failed. I groaned in frustration and smacked the mirror. I spun on my foot and walked towards the door.

I reopened the door and started walking towards the dining area. My feet were aching slightly and I winced slightly as I turned towards the dining room. I quickly hopped around and walked inside.

The room was your usual rich person's dining area. The elaborate and lengthy table, and ornate looking decorative pieces elegantly scattered everywhere. It was basically what I was used to.

"Ah, Mr- um." Mr Lewis paused and his wife smiled at me. I awkwardly smiled back and he glared at me, "Do you have a last name?" He questioned. I awkwardly glanced sideways and shrugged my shoulders. Mr Lewis chuckled and gestured me to sit down. "Apparently according to my wife I shouldn't call you Prince because of the war so I'll have to improvise." He exclaimed. I chuckled slightly and he smiled. "I think Frederick will be fine isn't it?" He laughed. I nodded awkwardly and began eating.

I continued eating and felt Mr Lewis tap my shoulder. He handed me a piece of paper and smiled. "Your father sent you a letter." I smiled and he chuckled I unfolded the piece of paper. I stared down at it and read it.

Dear, Frederick

I hope you're okay my son. I've been very worried about you and your mother misses you too. I really miss seeing you here Freddy, and I'm scared that you'll get hurt. But I know you'll be strong so I'm trying to stay calm.

It's just that you're my firstborn son and I love you with all my heart. You were my first child and gave me hope and pride. I can still remember when you were born, your mother was holding you tiredly and you smiled so brightly. I was glad you were healthy and I have cherished every moment with you.

I know I'm not the best father but I really love you. I love your mother, your sister, your brother and you. Your all in my heart and you being an ocean away pains me.

Stay safe Frederick and remember that you have to be careful. Being the next in line, you'll be a target. But as long as you stick with the right people, you'll come back home and into my arms.

I love you so much.

Sincerely, Your loving father George

I cringed slightly and Mr Lewis smiled. "I read it before, your father really loves you doesn't he." He laughed. I grinned slightly and stood up. "Thanks, Mr Lewis for the food but I need to get going. You know for school." I smiled awkwardly. Mr smiled again and he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Of course Frederick."

I smiled again and walked out the dining room holding the piece of paper. I stared down at the words and crumpled up the piece of paper shoving it into my pocket. I sighed slightly and walked up to the door grabbing the handle.

I really was my father's pride and joy.