Chapter 8 ~ Someone You Knew

24th of March 1795

~Frederick's pov~

"Chapters 6 to 18 must be read by Monday, and the question sheet I handed you is also due then." Mr L/N explained. I turned my head slightly and sighed looking out the window. Outside was the rows of trees surrounding the entrance and a small stream running along it. I glanced around and saw two figures running towards the building. I furrowed my brow slightly and turned my attention back to Mr L/N.

"On a further note, I would like you all to give me the family trees I asked you to fill out. They should have been completed to the best of your ability." He instructed. I nervously opened my bag and scanned around for a piece of paper. I searched around a bit more and spread it out on the table.

Mr L/N walked around and started to take the pieces of paper from everyone in the class

Mr L/N walked around and started to take the pieces of paper from everyone in the class. He soon arrived at my desk and he looked at me. I stayed silent and he grabbed the piece of paper heading back to his desk. He scanned over a few and I nervously shifted in my chair.

"Sorry, I'm late." Will burst into the classroom and Mr L/N looked at him. The whole class soon followed and Mr L/N stayed silent. Will quickly skittered across the room and sat down next to me. "What was everyone handing in?" he questioned. "Our family trees," I answered. "Thanks." he smiled and reached into his bag to pull out a scrunched piece of paper. He opened it up and laid it on the table.

I glared awkwardly at the piece of paper and Will walked up to the front and handed it to Mr L/N

I glared awkwardly at the piece of paper and Will walked up to the front and handed it to Mr L/N. Mr L/N smiled slightly and Will shuffled to his desk. I chuckled slightly and Mr L/N sat up, moving in front of the board. "Well I've had a look at some of the family trees and I'm not too surprised to see trees that only go back two generations. But what really interested me was Prince Frederick's one." He smiled. I looked up at him and felt the glares of my classmates upon me. 

"Prince Frederick's tree, unlike most of you goes back all the way to his great-great-grandfather, King George I., Of course, being royalty, Frederick could actually trace his lineage even further back." He explained. I nodded slightly and the chiming of the bell signalised the end of the lesson. I sat up from my seat and everyone turned to Mr L/N.

He dismissed us and the flow of teens started to channel through the door. I looked at the abundance of heads in front of me and turned to Will. "So why were you late today?"

"I asked my parents about what happened in the past and now it's all making sense to me." He explained. I looked at him curiously and adjusted my jacket. "Did they say anything about my mother?" I questioned. Will's expression changed and he grabbed my arm.

"I have something to tell you."

~Later on~

William and I were sat under our usual spot. His eyes were slightly fixated on me while I was nervously awaiting what he was about to say. He shifted slightly and sighed. "Your father forced your mother into their marriage," he spoke. My eyes widened slightly and he gazed away awkwardly. This explained why my mother didn't marry Samuel, it was because she was forced to marry my father. My eyes shifted slightly and something was uneasy in my stomach.

It was that I didn't believe Will.

Not because he was untrustworthy, but because of how my mother and father are. They are always happy and smiling, giving each other little compliments and kisses all the time. I wanted their love to be fake but everything about their love felt true.

But even if my mother now loved my father for whatever messed up reason, I knew one thing. I was most likely a product of my father forcing himself upon my mother.

I had been called a Bastard before, but nothing compares to knowing that you were conceived from such a crime. William saw my face sour with confusion and he patted my shoulder.

I stayed silent and kept my gaze directed towards the ground. I stood up awkwardly and looked to Will. "I'm going to head to our next class early today. See you there." I explained. William nodded, his face slight with guilt and I started to walk away.

I kept my head directed towards the ground and navigated through the grass. But all of a sudden I felt hit against someone. I flinched back slightly and saw the familiar red hair and green eyes of someone from my past. My blue eyes widened and the guy I ran into, fixated his eyes on me.

"Frederick?"