Chapter 44 ~ Now I'm The Villain

31st of July 1795

~Frederick's pov~

"Mother?" My eyes widened and I looked at my mother scared. She too looked back at me equally as scared and she shuffled back. I didn't want to believe the things I just heard from within that closet, but there was nothing discrediting their conversation.

"Mum, I want you to put down the spoon." I calmly gestured. My mother paused and looked at me shaking her head. I sighed slightly and looked at my father who was quivering with fear. "Mum, I'm not going to hurt you. I just need you to put down the spoon." I spoke once again. My mother looked at me slightly and she put the spoon down on the table and she looked at me. "Frederick I can explain-" I cut her off quickly and walked towards my father. "Save it." I bluntly spoke and my mother bowed her head down.

"Freddy if you let him go he might kill me." She shakily spoke. I looked back at her and sighed, "I highly doubt that mother." I turned back to my father and he smiled slightly as I unwrapped the rope.

I watched his pale blue eyes light up as I carefully pulled the rope away. "Are you okay?" I questioned. My father smiled again and he sighed. "I'm fine, just a bit bruised." He chuckled. I smiled and looked at my father proudly.

It was odd for me, I was too used to look down at him in shame. But now I saw him in a different light, I should have never judged him for his past. But rather his present, he was a great father who always tried to make sure we felt loved. Despite us hardly ever showing it back. I smiled at him once again and his tired eyes looked into mine. I finally didn't feel ashamed of having him as a father. "Freddy!" My eyes widened slightly and my father pulled me to the right. I looked at him as if he was almost insane. "What the hell?" I winced slightly. My father turned my head and I saw my mother holding a dagger in her palms.

"Frederick move, let me take care of this problem of ours." She glared at my father. I looked at her terrified and stood up blocking her from my father. "I'm not going to let you do that." I firmly spoke. My mother's expression changed and she scoffed. "Come on Freddy, there's no need to pretend. We all know that you hate that pathetic father of yours. If you let me kill him, we can cover up this whole incident." She smiled walking towards me. I glared at her and she looked at me confused. "Freddy come on."

I stayed silent and she smiled. "Let your mother kill that idiot and we can all forget this happened." she motioned to hug me and I let my hands out. She quickly hugged my waist and turned around holding her. "Freddy?" I held her arms tightly and pulled the dagger out of her hands and flung it away. She kicked around thrashing but my grip was too strong. "Freddy no!"

My mother's voice became weak and she pushed on my arms. "I don't want to die!" She cried out as my father stood up walking towards her. "Y/N I'm not going to kill you." He spoke softly. My mother looked at him and gasped slightly. "Your lying! You're going to kill me, I know it. All because of our stupid child." My mother cried out. My father moved closer and looked at her, "Y/N it's not his fault."

My mother scoffed and she bowed her head. "It was always his fault. If I hadn't have given birth to that useless thing I'd probably be free. Him and his sister, I should have left them when I tried to escape, they're just like you anyway. Your filthy bloodline." she hissed. I felt my heart drop slightly and I bowed my head as well.

I felt guilt settle in my stomach as my mother trashed around. Maybe it was my fault she was unhappy with, and maybe it was my fault she could never smile truly. I sighed slightly and felt a small tear channel across my face. I always took the feeling of being loved for granted. But now I valued it more than anything, all because the person who I was led to believe to be my salvation in life, was really the person who despised my name.

"Frederick don't listen to your mother, we both love you. It's my fault ok." He spoke timidly. I turned and looked at him with a look of sorrow. I felt my arms become weak and the feeling of something breaking out of my grasp hit me. My mother pulled herself away and sprinted towards the cupboard. My eyes widened slightly and looked as she grabbed one of the bottles from the cabinet.

I quickly raced towards her and she opened the vial and looked at my father spitefully. "I'm not spending the rest of my days with you no matter what." She hissed. My father's eyes widened and she drunk the vial quickly. Her eyes promptly closed and I felt my heart drop once again as I ran towards her with my father. He quickly held her in his arms and nuzzled his head near her shoulder. "I'm sorry Y/N." He mumbled trying to feel her heart. I bowed my head again releasing what just happened as my father desperately shook my mother.

Even though we both knew exactly what had happened.