Chapter 43 ~ History Finds A Way

31st of July 1795

~Third person pov~

"I saw what you did, you fucking idiot!"

George backed up onto the door and looked at his wife in pure fear. "Y/N I'm sorry!" He gasped slightly as she walked towards him. "Sorry? You're not sorry at all, I saw you. I'm just lucky Frederick didn't react straight away." she spoke in a low voice. "Please don't hurt him Y/N, it's not his fault." He whimpered.

Y/N scoffed slightly and smiled. She stayed silent and moved her foot towards George's support. He looked down quickly and saw her foot sweep it away, causing him to collapse. "Y/N!" His voice called out again and he grabbed onto Y/N's dress. Y/N felt him tug on the soft fabric and she looked down. Her face could be described as indescribable happy and sinister. Staring down at her husband as if he was a pest.

Her sharp and almost sinister grin soon faded away and she bent down and motioned to pick George up. He was lighter than usual, most likely because of malnourishment, but that was how Y/N wanted him. Weak. She lifted him up slightly and pulled him onto a chair in the distance, George in the meantime couldn't even gather the strength to fight back.

Instead, he let his wife pull him up onto the chair. "Perfect! Now, all we need is my rope, poison and some paper." Y/N clapped happily. George's eyes widened and he pushed on his good foot, trying to shift away. Y/N saw this and smiled, quickly grabbing a rope in the corner. She wrapped it tightly around George causing him to stop moving. " Not on my watch, love." She smiled.

George looked up at her fearfully and her facial expression changed to one of bitterness. "Georgie, if you didn't be so stupid as to directly tell Frederick I was to murder you maybe you'd see his wedding. But since you broke your end if the deal I guess I'll have to break mine as well." She explained. George's expression deepened and he held his fists tighter. "Y/N please don't." His blue eyes looked up at Y/N and the sinister yet spiteful look returned.

"Please don't? Wow George, you know that reminds me of a young 23 woman who was begging to her husband not to take her purity on her wedding night. Who knew history could repeat itself like that?" She smiled threateningly. George tensed up slightly and glanced away with shame. "Y/N you know I regret that night as much as you do, but I truly do love you, I was just too foolish in the past." He spoke with a hint of regret.

Y/N looked down at him again and sighed. "Love? Seriously? Well, I guess we all have our flaws." She glanced around slightly. George's eyes lit up and she smiled turning back. "But that's no excuse, you messed up George so you're going to pay the price." George's expression went back to it's horrified self and Y/N walked over to one of the glass cabinets.

She opened the slightly foggy glass and moved her finger across as she searched for a small bottle. She grinned once more and her eyes locked onto the black bottle. "Perfect!" She giggled and walked back over to George as she placed the vial on the table next to George. "What's that?" he questioned slightly horrified. Y/N smiled and she pat his head. "It's a surprise!" She chuckled.

George shuffled back slightly again and Y/N walked over to the worn desk on the side of the room. She picked up the small inkpot and quill in her right hand and grabbed a chair in her left. She walked back towards George and sat down placing the inkpot near the piece of paper.

"Well then, let's start writing your suicide note. It should scream 'I'm a misunderstood crazy person' while still being believable." She spoke picking up the quill. George looked at her slightly scared and he sighed in almost defeat. "So you're really going to kill me," he questioned. Y/N turned her head and smiled. "Yep." George looked at her and bowed his head as she went back to writing.

"Our children will miss me you know. If they find out what you did they'll hate you Y/N." George spoke. Y/N put down her quill and turned to George. "Sure they'll miss you, it's just that I think Frederick has a different opinion on you." Y/N giggled. George looked at her and his eyes widened. "You're the one who told him all those things?"

"Not exactly, I just told Samuel to give him a few 'clues' when Frederick visited America," she explained. George bowed his head again and he sighed, "So the traitor still managed to screw me over, years after he left." Y/N nodded once more and she pinched George's cheek. "He's what you call 'a good person', someone who doesn't force some random girl to marry him and bear his children." She spoke spitefully and let go of his cheek. George looked at her blankly and she went back to her paper.

George just turned his head and looked down at his feet. The room soon became silent and only the sound of the quill scratching at the paper was heard. "I really wish those twelve years were real." he looked down and smiled. "They were the best years of my life you know. Before that, I thought I'd never have a family. In fact, before we got married I was known as the King with an empty bed and an empty crib." he chuckled. Y/N glanced sideways and she sighed. "That's nice. Such as shame that the bed will be 'empty' again." she then stood up and folded the piece of paper. She pushed the chair in and she sat the letter down and picked up the vial of poison. "Wait no!" George gasped slightly and Y/N looked at the label of the bottle.

"Well, then George thanks for the 'love' but we must 'sadly depart." She opened up the small vial and pulled out a spoon from her dress pocket and poured the syrup-like liquid onto the spoon. George's eyes widened again and small tears began to fall down his eyes. "I'm sorry Y/N! I really am!" He cried out as the spoon neared his mouth. Y/N chuckled once more and looked at her husband. "Open wide." George gasped slightly and the spoon hovered slightly away from his mouth.

Another sinister grin crept across Y/N's face, as her hand moved closer she could feel relief. She'd finally be free. But before she could make George take the liquid, the sound of wood banging abruptly shattered in her ear. She flinched away and turned to see Frederick staring back at her equally horrified.