Chapter 47 ~ We're Going Home

5th of August 1795

~Frederick's pov~

I felt my father's hand quickly pushed mine away and he ran towards the hollow coffin. My eyes widened slightly in the pure confusion of the moment as the people around me abrupted into a slight chatter. I looked to my left and saw Charles and Matilda with faces of confusion. I looked back at them equally confused as we turned back to the front.

My father was standing up with a different expression than before, it wasn't any happier but the look of slight hope was glistening in his eyes. "Frederick! Matilda!" He pointed towards us and we nodded slightly. "Matilda, can you and Henrich take Charles up to his room and then come back here?" He questioned. Matilda nodded and she grabbed both Charles and Henrich's hand.

She pulled them towards the exit as my father walked towards me. "Frederick, you're going to help me find your mother." He instructed. I looked at him confused and he looked down towards his feet. "Your mother somehow isn't dead, so we need to find her before-" He took a deep breath and I looked at him even more confused. "Before what?" I questioned

He smiled softly holding back tears, "Before your mother leaves me again." my eyes widened again and he turned around. "We better get going, Freddy." He spoke. I nodded and we ran towards the exit.

"I need you all to tell the others to look for the Queen. Send people to all the local ports to inspect every last ship!" He yelled out at the guards at the door. The two guards swiftly nodded and my father and I raced towards the main entrance of the Palace. Up and down different corridors we searched for my mother.

Was it my father's insane delusion or was she really still alive? It shocked me that she was still alive, something about her very existence shook me to my very core. Checking each room we passed and informing all staff we passed about my mother.

We continued doing this for what seemed like an eternity, walking in and out and circling around areas by splitting of. Soon my father and I ended up at the complete opposite end of the Palace.

Somehow my father and I managed to comb through so much area in such little time that we were at our final corridor. Walking steadily towards it I noticed my father's whole temperament. He was shaking noticeably, his skin paler than usual and his hair messier as well. I moved closer towards him as we turned the corner to see nothing but a dead end.

Empty and still with nothing to share.

~Third person pov~

"There you are you twit!" Y/N huffed out as she ran towards Edward. "What do you mean Y/N? This was the meeting place." He smiled smugly. Y/N scoffed and he looked down at her slightly. "So then I guess you failed." He spoke judgingly. Y/N looked up and sighed glancing sideways. "I guess-" She replied.

Edward sighed and he pried himself off the wall. "Well, it looks like I'll have to do all the hard work then." He spoke spitefully. Y/N scoffed again and looked Edward in the eye. "Remember our deal Eddy, no harm is to come to either of my children. Only George is to be harmed." She lectured him. Edward rolled his eyes and nodded. "Of course Y/N, I won't hurt your little 'Freddy'." He mockingly spoke.

Y/N furrowed her brow and she looked behind her. "Well, it looks like they must be catching up." She spoke unenthusiastically. Edward grinned again and turned towards his right. "Well, we should get going then, unless you need anything?" He questioned. Y/N looked at him and smiled.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I just need to get one more thing."

~Charles's pov~

Alone and confused I laid on my bed. Matilda and Henrich had just left, leaving me confused. I didn't know what to think or do. Was my mother really still alive?

I really wanted her to be, she might have avoided me sometimes but she still cared about me. She was my mother after all. Still, everything was so puzzling. I wasn't even told what happened to my mother and now she's supposedly alive. It was so odd, everything was so odd.

And I hated it. I wanted everything to be like before. Playing, laughing and smiling all together as a family. I remember all the times we used to huddle together in mum and dads bed and just talk about things. It wasn't anything complex or crazy, it was just everyday things. I loved the simplicity of things like that.

There was no need to think about tomorrow or worry about what you did yesterday, all you had to do was enjoying every last moment of the day. Gleefully ignoring everything while bundled up between my family. My father would always laugh and tell us stories about us when we were young and he would always sound so proud of us.

Being that centre of love and attention I thrived. I loved knowing that I was always going to have my family with me and that I was going to be safe. But now all I had was not even my pet duck.

I was alone in my room away from everything happening. The didn't even know who was really even real. Everything from before seemed like a dream. A dream too good to be woken from. I sighed slightly and felt small tears roll down my eyes. I had never cried so much in so long that it felt weird wiping water away from my face. And what made it even more unfamiliar to me was that no one was there wiping them away from me.

I held my face slightly and looked down at my hands as I pulled them away. Everything became darker and I felt myself become hit with a fazing feeling. I wanted to drift off to sleep but before I could the sound of my door opening rutted in my ear. I turned around and saw my mother standing at the door. My eyes lit up and I jumped up from my ned running towards her. I buried my face towards her stomach and she winced slightly in pain before looking back down on me.

"Don't worry my little baby, I'm back." She spoke softly. I smiled and hugged her tightly as I looked up at her. "I'm happy your alive," I mumbled, sobbing slightly. My mother chuckled at my behaviour and she ruffled my hair.

"Do you really think I'd just die like that?" She questioned. I nodded and she smiled as she looked back. "Charles I need you to come with me somewhere." She smiled. I looked at her slightly confused and she held my face slightly. "What do you mean?" I questioned. She held me closer and she stayed silent just hugging me tightly.

"We're going home."