Chapter 14 ~ Taken A Liking

6th of April 1795

~Third person pov~

"Everyone sit down!" Washington glanced around the small room and sat down in his chair. Only Thomas, Alexander, John and himself were in this room, all deathly silent.

Hamilton's eyes were set upon the president, Jefferson's were cast to the table and Adam's was staring abysmally out the window. Washington looked around at the three and picked up a piece of paper from the table.

"So, do you all know why I called you here?" He questioned sternly. Thomas looked up and leaned against his chair, "Yes, to discuss the matter of Prince Frederick." Washington folded his arms and he sighed. "So who let him in?" he questioned.

Hamilton, Jefferson and Adams looked up at Washington quietly. "Not me your excellency," Thomas replied. "Me either." Adams chimed in. Washington glared over at Hamilton. "And you?"

Hamilton looked at Washington and shook his head, "If I had done such a thing I would've told you." he replied. Washington looked around and sighed, "So who could it be?" he mumbled. "Only you three have the power to do that." he wondered.

Hamilton moved forward, "Well according to Mr Lewis, the principal of the school hosting him, he said that he received a letter from some government church agency." Hamilton replied. "Government Church Agency?" He questioned. Hamilton shook his head and Jefferson chuckled.

"What's so funny, Jefferson?" Hamilton hissed. Thomas grinned and leaned his elbows against the table. "We shouldn't be wondering who let him in, we should just kick the kid out," he replied. Washington glared over at Thomas, "Well why do you think that?" he questioned. Thomas leaned back and looked to the ceiling. "How can we trust him, he's the King's son. Don't you remember the war we fought against the King?" he asked.

Washington sighed and rubbed his temple, Hamilton caught wind of this and raised his hand. Washington nodded and Hamilton spoke, "We can't just kick the kid out. I know he's the enemy's son but I know his mother, she's a very kind person." he urged the president. "I know but you haven't seen her in years son, she could be a completely different person," Washington replied. Hamilton sighed and Adams looked around.

"Maybe your excellency, but I recall meeting her back in 1785 when I had to talk to the King. She was very well-spoken and loyal. But seemed very attached to her husband, even the King himself seemed a bit clingy towards her." John explained. "Well it's sorted this 'Y/N' you all knew is brainwashed or something and her son is as crazy as his father. Now can we kick the kid out!?" Thomas asked.

Hamilton, Washington and Adams stared at Jefferson and he sighed, "Well it's either that or risk the security of our country, don't you remember the war we fought against his kind?" Jefferson argued. Hamilton glared at Jefferson, "We? Last time I checked you were in France fooling around when we were fighting the war." Jefferson rolled his eyes and Hamilton leaned against the table, "In fact, while you were off in France, Y/N, the British person was helping us win the war. She was more help than you ever were!" Hamilton yelled.

Jefferson leaned in towards the table and folded his arms, "So?" He glared. Hamilton furrowed his brow, "So!? Well, what I'm saying is that we should look after Frederick, sure he may be George's son but he's Y/N's too, we have to keep him safe for her sake because God knows what the King had put her through."

Hamilton lunged at Thomas and Washington quickly jumped holding him back. Adams quickly joined Washington and helped restrain him from ripping Thomas's head off. Hamilton hissed at Thomas as he smugly walked out the door.

Washington sighed as the door closed. "I really need a break."

~Frederick's pov~

"See ya guys!" Will and I waved to Hanna and Felix. I smiled and leaned against the stone railing of the bridge. Will turned around to me and smiled. "You ready for tonight!" he smiled. I nodded and he began walking. I held my bag tightly and I followed him towards his house.

We continued walking all the way up the path until we reached the front door. Will fiddled with his bag and grabbed a small metal key. He unlocked the door and opened it, stepping inside. I took off my jacket and folded it over my arm. William smiled back at me and we walked into the kitchen. Oliver, Ben, Samuel and Ella were all seated at the table with Will's little sister Jane leaning against Samuel's chair.

"Will, your here. You ready for the dance later tonight." Ella smiled. Will chuckled awkwardly and pulled out a seat. I sat down next to him and Will smiled. "I'm surprised Hanna agreed to be my date." he awkwardly smiled. Ben smiled warmly and Oliver sighed.

"Young love is so tragic sometimes." Oliver rolled his eyes. Will flushed red and he stuttered. "She's just a friend!" Will shot back. I chuckled slightly and Mr Seabury smiled at me, "How about you Frederick? Who's your date?" He questioned.

I chuckled awkwardly and smiled. "I don't have one," I replied. Samuel looked at me oddly, "Why not?" he asked. I looked at Will and sighed, "I don't think it's right..." I mumbled. Samuel's head turned slightly and his brown eyes shielded by his glasses fixated on me. "What do you mean?" He questioned.

I chuckled awkwardly and looked down at my hands, "I have a girlfriend, June Williams she's been my friend ever since I was little." I replied. Ella looked at me oddly, "Williams? Who's her mother?" She asked. "Jane Williams," I replied. Ella's eyes lit up and she looked at Samuel, "Jane? She's still there?" she smiled slightly and I nodded. "I was actually thinking of proposing to her when I got back," I explained. Ben and Ella shot up and excitedly leaned near me. "That's adorable! Where are you going to propose?" they giggled in unison.

I awkwardly smiled and fiddled with my sleeve. "The West garden," I replied. Ella smiled and Samuel nodded. "But I'm not sure if she wants to get married, it doesn't bother me though because it's her life as well. But it would be nice to have her as a wife." I smiled. Samuel looked at me sincerely. "You know Frederick as much as you look like your father I can see a difference between you two." Samuel voiced.

I looked at him oddly and he smiled. "If your father had taken your mother's feelings into consideration you most likely wouldn't be here. But you care about what June wants, and that to me, makes you better than your father," he explained. I chuckled awkwardly and I felt an arm grip onto mine. I looked back and saw William flat on the ground.

"Jane Eleanor Seabury!" Will yelled out in pain as his sister stood innocently near his chair. I chuckled slightly and looked back at Samuel. I smiled back and turned my head back to Will. I reached my hand out and smiled.