🥀 sᴇᴠᴇɴ

InHye walked to school, bumping into Renjun on the way.

"Oh sorry.." She bowed. "We always bump into each other"

"Yeah..." Renjun awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Did you hear?" InHye tried to start a conversation. Even though she doesn't talk, she talking skill are decent.

"About what?" Renjun didn't know exactly what she was talking about, but he definitely had an idea.

"About Kim TaeHyun's death"

"Oh.. Yeah..." Renjun obviously couldn't tell her that he killed her, it's common sense.

"I wonder who did it... They are doing great at their job because they left no traces behind" InHye nervously laughed. "I don't want to die..."

Renjun just nodded, pretending to understand. But in reality, he just wants to talk at all

"For a person who's quiet at school, you sure talk a lot" Renjun scoffed, which made InHye gasped.

"I talk to my friends a lot..." She decides from just get straight to the point. "You seemed interesting, so I thought I should give it a shot"

"I said I'm not interested" Renjun sped up, beating the girl to school.

"Well, I guess I'd be the same too... I can't blame him" InHye shrugged, it was worth a try.

🥀

"So now, class" Mr. Ahn glared at the few students who were talking. "I will give you homework from pages eighty-nine to ninety-six. You need to have them done by the end of this week. This is for everyone, except for Renjun, because he just started his project"

Most students groaned, but InHye panicked. What if she couldn't finish it on time, she'll have to stay up late to finish her homework for the last day. Not to mention, she still had to go to work.
Ruffling her hair and looking at the textbook pages that Mr. Ahn assigned just made her even more frustrated.

"God.. I hope my parents won't be disappointed in me" The girl mumbled to herself, which Renjun couldn't help but overhear.

"Why would they be disappointed in you?" He asked lowly, trying not to get caught by the strict teacher.

"Because I- Wait why are you listening to me?" InHye started at him.

"Because you sit right next to me, I heard you clearly"

"I'm not going to tell you. Now focus back on the lesson, you don't want to get in trouble with Mr. Ahn" InHye tapped her pen on his paper.

"Fine fine" Renjun sighed before giving his full attention back to the teacher.

🥀

"You are dismissed" Mr. Ahn put down the chalk, allowing students to leave for lunch.
InHye went to her locker, again to grab her lunch and go to where she normally eats lunch. She plugged in her earphones, making sure that no one talks to her whilst waking down the hallway. Once she got far enough away from people, she started to sing since that was her habit when she had her earphones in.

"We're gonna move to this sound
Gonna love you out loud
Electric hearts
Heaven knows I'm falling
I can never be the same
Electric hearts"

InHye sang to herself while opening her lunch. This time, she brought leftover Tteokbokki that she bought while coming home after work.
As she was humming to the song, the breaking of the bleachers caught her attention. That caused her to look up to see Renjun.

"What are you doing here?" InHye paused her music, looking up and down at the boy.

"I don't know, I wanted to isolate myself from everyone in the cafeteria and this looked like a nice placed to do so" Renjun shrugged.

"Can you find a different place? Or at least go to the other side of the bleachers?" InHye pointed to where she wanted him to go.

"Just before school started you wanted to become my friend-"

"You said no, and I gave up"

"Wow, ok. Well, I guess I'll sit over there then. See you back in class InHye" Renjun smiled and the girl couldn't lie, his smile made him look like an angel. The was his eyes curved with his mouth and his dimples showed made her smile too.

"I'll see you then too Renjun"
-
Electrics hearts is a bop.
Fav B-Side from Awaken the World?