🥀 ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

"InHye doesn't trust us" Jaemin had to pry Renjun off of the locker.

"After all we've done for her?" Donghyuck scoffed. "I hope she can survive by herself, watch her get kidnapped again-"

"Shut up, Donghyuck" Renjun spoke sternly, punching the locker one last time before walking off to the lunchroom.

"I think we should follow him" Jaemin suggested. "And you would you say that dude? He's having a mental breakdown right now"

Jaemin's punched Donghyuck's shoulder, giving him a 'wtf' face.

"Sorry, it just rolled off my tongue" Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "But she's being ungrateful-"

"Because she's overwhelmed but what happened, to not like she sees people get killed every day. It's not like she gets tortured every day"

Jaemin knew what she felt like, seeing someone get murdered right in front of them for the first time. It's scary as hell, no one else in the gang would know what this feels like, but they were trained not to feel anything when seeing people die.

As for InHye ignoring him, along with the whole group, it really hurt him. Even though they had saved her, her trust issues caught up to her, not knowing what to do. Sadly, his friend of more than five years just left. Just like that?

"You must be hurt too, Jaemin-ah" Donghyuck looked at his side profile, which is face was staring at the empty corridor straight ahead.

"I am, it really stings, I just apparently don't feel it as much as Renjun" Jaemin kicked his feet, swinging his limbs back and forth while walking.

"Renjun has only known her for, like, less than two weeks. And your less effected than him?" Donghyuck couldn't believe his ears, how could he be so calm and cool about this.

Before they could walk off, the drooling fangirls cut them off.

"Wow, all the new people are so handsome" One girl giggled, staring at Jaemin's beauty.

"I'm falling even faster for Donghyuck every time I look at him"

"Sorry ladies but we have to catch up with Renjun" Donghyuck apologized, quickly running after the hurt boy.

"Bye!" Jaemin winked at one girl, making her drop dead onto the floor.

"Oh, my legs feel really weak now" She stood back up with the help of her friends, watching the two extremely handsome men get smaller down the hallway.

🥀

InHye was once again eating alone. Although she missed Renjun, she wanted to stay away from the danger. Even if it hurts her.

But then, Renjun came back for more. He couldn't just let her go so easily. His heart was so close to being shattered, and he was to test his limits.

"Renjun, I thought I told you-" InHye was cut off by both standings in front of her.

"I told you that the promise I made was genuine. I don't know why you don't believe me?!" Renjun really had hoped that she would trust him, but lots of things went downhill.

"I'm sorry! I don't know what goes I'm in the mafia world! I can't trust you, I'm giving up my friendship with Jaemin because I can't trust you. Why can you see that?!" InHye shouted, biting her lips as well tears brimming her eyes.

"I can't leave you! Who's gonna save you if you get kidnapped again, huh?" Renjun pushing himself to the extreme. Even if his heart was already broken right now, even those tiny pieces of his heart that were crushed were turning into powders.

"I'm..." She didn't know what to say after that, who was going to save her if she got kidnapped again? "Look Jun-ah, this hurts me a lot more than it h-hurts you ok? I don't want to get involved with the mafia world, it's too scary and dangerous— and unpredictable"

InHye stuffed the empty container into her backpack as a tear slipped out of her eye. She wiped it with her sleeve, quickly leaving the broken Renjun behind.

Little did she know, Renjun would never be the same without her presence.