9). What's Bugging You?

*Richies POV
I yank Eddie up by his arm, throwing my two around him. "You scared me. I thought you were hurt." I put my head on his. "Why would you be scared?" He says in between giggles. He looks up at me.

*Flashback*
They all start a splashing fight. Eddie against Richie, Ben against Beverly, Mike against Bill and Stanley watched, holding Richies glasses. Richies hair stuck onto his forehead. Eddie pretends to step on something.

"Ahhh! Richie I stepped on something!" "Come here." Richie swims over to Eddie, placing him on his knee. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know." Richie's arms go around Eddies waist, Eddies arms around his neck. Eddie rests his head on Richie's collarbones. He must of forgotten about playing the game, and his 'hurt foot' because Stanley noticed they sat there for a bit.

Holding onto each other as they watched the splashing slow down. "Hey Rich?" Both of the boys cheeks red. "Hmm?" "I was joking." He smiles as he pushes the boys head under. Richie doesn't let go, making them both go under.

The two come back up giggling. Richie wipes his face off, pushing his hair back. Eddie does the same, pushing his own hair out of his face. "I can't believe you did that." He smiled as Eddie wrapped around him. "I had to, didn't know you were so gullible." Eddie giggles as Richie starts to tickle him.

Later they all sit down, drying off by the warm sun. More and more freckles add to everyone's face. Some add to Eddies already freckled back. Stanley watches as Richie admires the smaller boy's back and face. The smaller boy laughing at something Ben said.

*Flashback over*

He looks up at me, I notice his tan skin glowing in the golden sun. Freckles painted on imperfectly but perfectly on his face. His lips smooth. His brown eyes meet mine.

"Because I-" "Richie are you okay?" He furrows his brows but still smiles a bit. "What's bugging you?" "Not doing this sooner."

I put my hand on his cheek and lean in. Our lips crash, he doesn't pull back, his hands travel to my neck. Mine to his waist.

I feel his height increase meaning he's standing on his tip toes. Deepening the kiss.

The kiss last for a couple seconds until we both pull back at the same time, making us giggle a bit. The kiss lingers on my lips.

He puts his head on my chest and we just stand and sway in place.

I look up, our friends already a bit ahead of us. "Let's go catch up before they become suspicious." He whispers, pulling my by my hand as we quickly walk to the rest of them.

*Stanley's POV
Richie and Eddie fall behind, we all discuss what we think is gonna happen. Mike, Ben and I think they aren't gonna do anything. Beverly and Bill think they'll confess their feelings everyone knows that have for each other, which the two are completely oblivious.

"T-they're in l-love with each o-other." "I don't think they're gonna do anything. They're just talking." Ben speaks up, which he's too pure. "Why would the two people that have feelings for each other just talk by themselves!!!" Beverly flails her arms.

The two catch up, going to completely opposite ends of each other, both smiling. Eddie smiles as touches his cheek. Richie grins as the fumbles with his fingers. Both boys cheeks a deep red color.

———————————————
A small Reddie chapter bc it's the best ship besides Stenbrough 😂