24). Tear Soaked Covers

*After School/ 3rd Person Omniscient*

Richie and Eddie walk to Richies house after school. "Richie, I'm sorry for yelling earlier." Eddie sighs breaking the silence. "It's fine Eddie, I promise." "What happened to eds or spaghetti or Eduardo?"

"What do you mean?" "You've called me Eddie all day after I yelled." "Oh, I haven't realized." Richie stops to tie his shoes as Eddie stands in front of him.

"I wanna know what's wrong."

Richies heart breaks hearing the hurt in Eddies voice. He unties his shoe and reties it once again. He repeats it until he can't see, his eyes fill with tears. "Richie...Richie? Richie!" Eddie raises his voice once again.

Richie slowly looks up, the smaller boy notices and squats down. "Rich? What's wrong?" Wiping the tear stream off of the taller boys cheek.

"Nothing Eddie I'm fine." H route on a fake smile. "Richie please, if I'm your best friend you would tell me." Richie sighs realizing the other one is right.

"I-I don't know Eddie." "I don't believe that rich, you're crying for a reason." The two stand up, Eddies hand still on his cheek. "Please tell me, I wanna know what's wrong. So I can maybe help and fix it."

Richie's sigh turns into a sob. Quietly he turns away, not wanting to let his best friend see. "Richie please tell me." Richie sighs and looks down.

"Richie...what's bugging you?" Both boys think back to the last time Eddie had said that.

"Richie ple-" "I'm in love with you okay!!" At this point Richies full on yelling.

His head start to shake as Eddie had grabbed on a couple minutes before. "Wait-"

Before Eddie could finish his sentence Richie had already started to run away from the smaller boy, running towards his house sobbing.

The tears stung his eyes, slowly leavening tear stains on his cheeks.

Fuck oh fuck, I told him. He's gonna hate me. Everyone will hate me now.

Entering the house he finds y/n sitting on the couch. He doesn't mind her sitting there, he just runs to his room and shuts the door.

"Richie? Are you okay." "Yeah I'm totally fine, just told my best friend I'm in love with him. No big deal." "Let me in please." "Why should I?" "Because Richie, I care and your crying." "I'm fine y/n."

Y/does the next thing she can think of, going through his window.

Richie heard a small knock, knowing what's about to happen.

"I'm only letting you in because I don't want you to fall." The two chuckle as he grabs her hand, letting her in the room.

"Richie please tell me what's wrong." Richie's eyes started to flood once again. Making him feel weak. He falls onto the ground, onto his knees.

Y/n does her best to comfort the crying boy.

"It's okay Richie." She holds him in her arms and she slowly rocks in the slightest bit.

"I-I told Eddie that I'm in- that I'm in love with him." Richie lets out another sob, loudly. "It's okay. I'm pretty sure he likes you back." "Pretty sure doesn't help that much."

"I'm sorry. Come here let's call him and talk to him." "Could you go to his house. I yelled at him and I'm afraid I might've scared him." "I'll do anything for you Rich. I'll be back." Richie nods as he lays on the bed. Tears soaking the cover he lay over. Soon he falls asleep.

(Sick naps or crying naps are the best. Like when I take a Benadryl I'll take a nap and it's great. And when you fall asleep after crying is cool too)